1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why ???? - Shop Around

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Drogo, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys - Why ?????
    Basically, over the course of the last few weeks I've been looking into Plasma screens some 3.5K, after reading and viewing I now feel the time is right for a PJ, and wait until Plasma screens are cheaper.. basically I've looked at two leading on-line retailers and the kit I want ie:

1. A PT-AE300 Projector

2. A SCHT-900 Home Cinema setup

Costs from Retailer A ( £1,797.11 inc VAT )

And

from Retailer B ( £1,352.52 inc VAT )

A Saving of ( £445.59 )

Guess where I'll be buying the kit from ????? , Basically the point of this thread, is to say please shop around when buying this type of kit, as if I just signed on the dotted line, like I was from ED... I would of ended up paying some total of £2690.28 for the kit and credit charges ... but hey ... I have the cash so I buying cash ...... thus saving some £1337.76 nearly halve ....

Basically with DD I am getting the SCHT-900 system for free..

Where's my debit card ....

Later

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    OK you may notice a difference between the Advertising of the 2 retailers IE one advertises in national press etc one only in industry mags and on the NET!
    Also it is a brave man who orders £1000+ worth of kit from a an e-tailer that they have little or no experience of dealing with particularly for a PJ! DEad pixel check anyone??

And when you say where is my debit card surely what you mean is where is my credit card with 60 days price promise and 12 months extended warranty of household electronics!
    Not sure if PJ would be cover but panny SCHT-900 would!

3. Drogo

Drogo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for advice...