Why only purple and green hues?

theothermetoo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 on UHD Bluray, Epson 6040UB projector, 25ft hdmi (Cable2), likely lesser 25ft hdmi (Cable1), Denon AVR-X2300W receiver (Rx), Panasonic UB-200 player, Vizio P-75c television

Test1:
Player attached to Rx via Cable2.
Rx attached to projector via Cable1.
The UHD disc shows green an purple. The 1080p disc displays perfectly.

Test2:
Player attached to TV via Cable 2.
The UHD displays perfectly.

So where is the problem? Im hoping is Cable1.

Back story:
Cable1 (which reviewers, not the ad, said it was good for 4k) was only purchased (and installed from a component room, thru the wall to the attic and back down to the theater room) because Cable2 was not available in time for the projector installation. Cable2 was purchased later to replace Cable1.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 on UHD Bluray, Epson 6040UB projector, 25ft hdmi (Cable2), likely lesser 25ft hdmi (Cable1), Denon AVR-X2300W receiver (Rx), Panasonic UB-200 player, Vizio P-75c television

Test1:
Player attached to Rx via Cable2.
Rx attached to projector via Cable1.
The UHD disc shows green an purple. The 1080p disc displays perfectly.

Test2:
Player attached to TV via Cable 2.
The UHD displays perfectly.

So where is the problem? Im hoping is Cable1.

Back story:
Cable1 (which reviewers, not the ad, said it was good for 4k) was only purchased (and installed from a component room, thru the wall to the attic and back down to the theater room) because Cable2 was not available in time for the projector installation. Cable2 was purchased later to replace Cable1.

Gotg2 is the most testing disk I have so far

On my setup my projector loses signal now and then but not on other disks , fine on the tv

I think I’m going to have to go ruipro fibre as it’s a lot of data for the cables

Your HDMI cable is near the limit for 4k at 25ft/8m which may well be why you are getting something but not everything. You could try another cable but its a bit and hit miss at that level.

Something like the ruipro should definitely work as it is designed for full fat 4k over much longer distances.

Ah. Thats what I saw on Sewell's page ( Search Results for Sw-32932-50 - SewellDirect.com ) when I was shopping for short HDMI cables. It only came in 50' as a minimum, plus its price was more than I was hoping to pay as well. I'll try my 25ft Cable2 (Sewell S6) between the Rx and Projector. If it does work, I'll pony up the dough for the fiber. Thanks

Come to find out, it was just a need for a firmware update on the receiver despite the suggestions of Denon customer service reps. All is good now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom