Why oh why.........

dannius

.....do I go on ebay late at night after a few beers?!

Anyway I have just won a US PS3 on ebay.com. 60GB model including Resistance, extra Sixaxis and bizarrely GTA San Andreas on PS2 for $867.25 shipped.

Works out about £450 if I did the maths right. Possibly not a bad deal, I know I could have waited and I won't get it before xmas but I had paypal money burning a hole in my pocket and have wanted a PS3 for a while.

A couple of Q's for the well informed.

1 - Where can I pick up a PS3 component cable for a reasonable price?

2 - Can I use my Mastercard or Visa to purchase content from the PS store? I know a relative's address in the US if that's of any use.

Dan

_Belial

Welcome to the club dannius (that's ps3 owners, not drunken muppets who are gonna get beaten sensless when the wife see's the next Cc statement club).

1 - Not seen any around tbh, but a regular hdmi cable will do if you have a hdmi port on your tv. BUt have a look if yesasia.com or videogamesplus.com have em

2 - Unless you have the card registered at their address in the US then nope, youre stuck until prepaid cards become available.

dannius

1 - Not seen any around tbh, but a regular hdmi cable will do if you have a hdmi port on your tv. BUt have a look if yesasia.com or videogamesplus.com have em

2 - Unless you have the card registered at their address in the US then nope, youre stuck until prepaid cards become available.

Cheers mate. :thumbsup: I do have a HDMI socket, but it's used up by Sky HD. Might have to look about for a component lead for the PS3 and get my 360 hooked up by VGA.

Yeah that's what I thought about the c/c thing. Not really a big deal, will still be able to download demo's etc and i'm sure prepaid cards will be forthcoming.

My first import console. Damn my impatience! :rolleyes:

ani4ani

.....do I go on ebay late at night after a few beers?!

Anyway I have just won a US PS3 on ebay.com. 60GB model including Resistance, extra Sixaxis and bizarrely GTA San Andreas on PS2 for $867.25 shipped.

Works out about £450 if I did the maths right. Possibly not a bad deal, I know I could have waited and I won't get it before xmas but I had paypal money burning a hole in my pocket and have wanted a PS3 for a while.

A couple of Q's for the well informed.

1 - Where can I pick up a PS3 component cable for a reasonable price?

2 - Can I use my Mastercard or Visa to purchase content from the PS store? I know a relative's address in the US if that's of any use.

Dan

I purchased a PS2 one for £7.50 from game - works a treat.

I used a couple of holiday inn addresses, one in Japan and one in the US to register - most of the stuff to download for the minute is free so you dont need a card at all.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Videogameplus is selling a component cable for £22.12. NCSX.com has an official one for £18. PS2 component cables will work but official ones are next to impossible to find here in the UK. GAME do their own brand but I'm not sure how they compare to the official ones.

ani4ani

Videogameplus is selling a component cable for £22.12. PS2 component cables will work but official ones are next to impossible to find here in the UK. GAME do their own brand but I'm not sure how they compare to the official ones.

I ussually spend a fortune on cables, but couldn't wait to get my system rigged up looking for genuine items. I bought a £10 malin HDMI [LCD] and the GAME component [Projector]- to be honest, I ve been wasting my money in the past - these are absolutely fine [excellent picture from both]

dannius

Cheers for the comments guys. I've always been a bit of a sucker for decent cables but can never really tell any difference apart from build quality.

What's the Blu Ray playback like from the PS3 in your experience? That's half the reason I have gone for one.

bodgerx

Standard Member
I got an unofficial PS2 component cable (which should work on yer PS3) from PlayAsia for less than 10. Only problem with it is that the shielding is fairly pants so there is noticable noise on the picture on my setup on lighter areas. You may not have the same problem though.... Whether the official one is any better in this respect is another matter...

ani4ani

Cheers for the comments guys. I've always been a bit of a sucker for decent cables but can never really tell any difference apart from build quality.

What's the Blu Ray playback like from the PS3 in your experience? That's half the reason I have gone for one.

Well, at the moment, I only have one film [still waiting for my order from Movietyme to arrive] -Monster House. Being CGI it probably starts perfect, but neverthless, the PQ is excellent [superb in fact]. I have downloaded quite a few trailers and they look pretty special as well.

RunDMC

I second the component cable from Game. Best 8 quid or so I spent for my PS2 (looks pretty good on my LCD).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom