Why oh why no LE32M86...

tauntingboar

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are there no reviews for this set? I have hunted forum after forum, mag after mag, search engine after search engine..... well you get the idea.

Does anyone know of why it has been bypassed? I really want to go and buy one but dont want to get a duffer. I suppose I might as well as the questions that are bugging me and hope that like the TV the thread is not shuned.

1. Does it take a 1080p signal. (Even the samsung site itself cant seem to make its mind up, the feature page says yes, the tech page says no :rolleyes:)

2. Whats samsungs version of 100hz like? Is it comparable to Sony's or Panasonic's?

3. Does it accept 24fps?

4. Can I turn 100hz off (read in another thread you could but dont want to go off what one person says though)

5. Whats it like for gaming?

Well there we go. I might just end up answering all these myself, gonna take a trip to the local Currys tomorrow and see if ones on display. I hope someone can help though as I'm sure the people at Curry's arent going to be to tell me about signal inputs and 24fps etc.

Kind Regards

Mike

I now know why no one really talks about the 32M86. Went to curry's and had a look at what was on display. The best of the lot in my opinion was the panasonic 32LXD70, very smooth, no artifacts that I could see, baring in mind I didnt give it more than 5-10 mins of attention. Came across the 32" Samsung and oh my god, even my girlfriend asked me why it looked so bad and she is one of these people where as long as the TV shows a picture shes happy. I cant get over how bad it was, everytime there was fast motion it was though a heat shimmer accompanied the movement. They were playing narnia and it was right at the battle scene. There was this shimmering effect all over the screen and everything looked like it was on fast forward. A most disapointing TV. They had the R88 on display next to it so I ended up getting that.

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom