Why OAP's should retake the test

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:rotfl:

also i like the way no one helped long enough for photos to be taken and paramedics to arrive, such a caring community :devil:

Now I think thats a little harsh. Looking at the photo its clear whats happened.

As we look at the photo the road bends from right to left - so for the poor dear she was negotiating a tricky left hander.

Although hard to tell from that photo it does look like overcast conditions and a damp road surface.

It also looks like on the outside of the bend there is debris on the raod/pavement - in formula 1 these are knows as marbles and very slippery if you drive over them.

If you look at the angles of the front wheels they are pointing to the RIGHT - clear indication the old girl had lost the rear end in the turn and was bravely trying to correct the slide. Thats the slide caused by the damp road and racing marbles.

Also there is a considerable amount of Tesco "Value" cans in that front shopping basket - this extra weight on the front of the vehicle may have contributed to understeer as she entered the corner - despite the extra weight over the front wheels (aiding grip) the momentem of said groceries will want to continue on a straight line. As such she probably turned in a little sharper to the corner to ensure she made the turn - but with little weight over the back end to hold it down (compared to the front) the back "stepped" out leading to the slide.

Conclusion: She did very well considering how everything was stacked against her.

nope from the angle of the roadway, and the angle of crash barriers and the angle of her tyres i think its obvious she has been joy riding and decided to try herself at some drifting! ;)

Ha ha ha that is one of the funniest photo's I've seen for ages!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaw,bless

Now I think thats a little harsh. Looking at the photo its clear whats happened.

As we look at the photo the road bends from right to left - so for the poor dear she was negotiating a tricky left hander.

Although hard to tell from that photo it does look like overcast conditions and a damp road surface.

It also looks like on the outside of the bend there is debris on the raod/pavement - in formula 1 these are knows as marbles and very slippery if you drive over them.

If you look at the angles of the front wheels they are pointing to the RIGHT - clear indication the old girl had lost the rear end in the turn and was bravely trying to correct the slide. Thats the slide caused by the damp road and racing marbles.

Also there is a considerable amount of Tesco "Value" cans in that front shopping basket - this extra weight on the front of the vehicle may have contributed to understeer as she entered the corner - despite the extra weight over the front wheels (aiding grip) the momentem of said groceries will want to continue on a straight line. As such she probably turned in a little sharper to the corner to ensure she made the turn - but with little weight over the back end to hold it down (compared to the front) the back "stepped" out leading to the slide.

Conclusion: She did very well considering how everything was stacked against her.
Great post :rotfl:

I've heard that those buggies don't handle too well when pushed to their limits ...... guess the old dear gave it a fistful while going down the shops, and found that out the hard way.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom