Why not DTS one side, Dolby Digital the other??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Electric Mayhem, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Why cant we have Dts soundtracks in their entire glory on one side of the disc & dolby digital the other? If its possible that is! :D

2. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like flippy discs myself. But it would solve the missing extra's problem common on some dts titles.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You could do a lot of things (double-layer etc), but the industry is probably not interested in that.
    Perhaps they are more interested in selling us a DD release first and a year later a DTS release ... !?
    Now what would make me say that ... ? :confused:

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well a double sided discs and a dual layer discs have about the same amount of space so their is no point. dual sided, dual layer discs have to high a failure rate and double sided discs are hated as they get damaged more easily.

A dual layer disc can easily hold a movie and both DD and DTS. R1 The Lethal Weapon 1 -3, Twister, Interview With a Vampire, T2: UE, Gladiator, The Rock etc are all dual layer discs that include both DD, DTS, anamotphic widescreen transfer, and extras,