Why no Ultra HD music on Amazon when you have Note 9, Nvidia TV and Yamaha Amp?

canada16uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a note 9 and was playing the Ultra HD 3D stuff on my XM4's and noticed I was only getting about 44Khz compared to a song original of about 96khz

I have a Yamaha RX-3050 and Nvidia sheild and the sound is even worse on those devices listening though my MA Golds.

Deezer was so so much better through my phone and my Nvidia Shield, why is Amazon doing such a bad jobs with my phone and Nvidia Sheild?

I have ensured all the Dolby Atmos, and Best quality Audio settings are checked.

I know I was not expecting to hear a night and day difference, but with the 3D audio on my XM4 I was hoping to hear something better, but on a remastered Hotel California on CD quality and Amazon Ultra HD 3D, I cannot hear any difference.

I know my phone and Nvidia are my weak link, but I cannot afford a proper Media Streamer which costs stupid money, also I would need one for out and about as well.

I actually had to turn my amp to 1 where as when I was with Deezer I was listening on about -38db, that is a huge gap in sound loudness.

How can I get to the Amazon 96khz original Ultra HD without spending stupid money?

Or is there a easy way around this?

Last edited:
You will only get Dolby Atmos Music if your using the Amazon Echo Studio

Oh right so Spatial Audio which Sony XM4 have, are not the same as 3D Audio?

Ive looked and it seems only Deezer has the Spatial Audio, so I am unsure why Sony are bragging about it so much when only Deezer and a couple others can use.

Not buying a Studio when I have MA Golds already.

Does anyone use Nvidia Shield and Amazon app, why is the Audio so low?

I was wondering this too, using the Amazon app on the Shield I get Ultra HD tracks downsampled to 16 bit/44.1. That said it says the device's limitation is 16 bit, which I don't think is correct as it does support high res audio. Obviously a limitation of the Amazon music application.

So does anyone know how to play amazon music on your normal AV amp through your speakers?
Their app on Nvidia sucks and the Audio is so low.

So does anyone know how to play amazon music on your normal AV amp through your speakers?
I use HEOS on my Denon, the only downside is you can’t access your playlists which is a bummer🤷‍♂️

I am just using the casting from my phone to the Nvidia Shield now as that seems to be the best.
I cant understand how poor the amazon app is on the nvidia sheild as it sounds like something from the 50's
I am not spending £400.00 for a streamer when I should be able to listen to amazon music from their own app.
I think my amp needs a upgrade but its working fine and its 4k ready so cant justify a new one

Hi if you side load the Amazon music hd mobile app onto the Shield it will bypass the Shield's down sampling and you will get full 24/192, however as it's designed for mobile so you will need to use the gamepad control to control it, I don't know why the Shield's native app cannot output without re-sampling when the mobile app can it is annoying but at least there is a work around, I hope this helps some people

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom