Why no specific AE100 VGA Driver?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by skimber, Jun 2, 2002.

1. skimber

skimber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just wondering why there is no specific monitor driver for the AE100... Would certainly save a lot of hassle with powerstrip and the like...

Is it possible? Any people with driver writing experience fancy writing one? I'm sure it would sell for a few quid and save a lot of people a lot of time!

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,057
    I think the Radeon has an 848 x 480 resolution in it - my Supergrace one has, so that should do the trick...

Gary

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    The AE100 has a panel resolution of 856 X 480, standard graphics cards will not do this without software like Powerstrip.

4. Panicsony

Panicsony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PT-AE100 has a res of 856 x 480. VGA is 640 x 480, S-VGA is 800 x 600 so neither is a perfect fit. Writing a driver simpley tells the PC what resolutions the Projector can resolve and will not optimise the image.

The Imagine Graphics Pixel Perfect Graphics cards will soon be optimised for the PT-AE100 at 856 x 480.

5. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The Radeon VEs DO have the 848x480 resolution as standard. I also put a cheap Geforce 420 in a pc the other day, and that had the same setting, too.
    Looks like 16:9 is getting popular....

Does Powerstrip give other benefits, though, such as tweaks to more obscure settings - looking at what Li On gets up to over at AVS, it would appear to....