Why no sound from Onkyo C-S5VL CD player?

motomarco

Novice Member
Why no sound from Onkyo C-S5VL CD player?
Hi! I'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me with my issue. I just purchased a used Onkyo C-S5VL cd player from someone on US Audio Mart. The unit arrived today, I popped in a CD which plays just fine, but no sound! I tried headphone output, analog outputs, optical and coax outputs. No sound. Tried initializing the unit per instructions in manual but still no sound. I've contacted the seller and waiting to hear back, but one thing not included was the remote. So I have no way of knowing if something was set via the remote, but I would think initializing the player would restore default settings. Any ideas? Thanks much.

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

I think the Onkyo is an SACD player. I don't know whether or not you have to select the correct disc type, SACD or CD. Put a CD in and press the SACD button on the left of the unit. You should get confirmation in the display. Some players will automatically detect what type of disc is being played but the Onkyo has both a CD button and an SACD button.

Players are pretty simple beasts really but if you've no sound at all then you may have bought a lemon.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom