Why no picture?

Bagpuss12

I have a V6 box from which I am able to send the picture to other TV’s in the house via co-axial cable. For some reason the picture sporadically disappears albeit I can hear the programme and the commentary. I’ve checked all the connections, I’ve rebooted the box and also tried tuning into a different analogue channel but no luck? Any ideas?

dante01

Distinguished Member
The V6 has no RF coax output so I'm not sure how you are sending anything from it to other TVs via coax?

All channels received via the V6 are digital. What do you mean by "different analogue channel"? None of the channels accessed via the STB are analogue.

Bagpuss12

Apologies, I’ll explain my set up. HDMI cable from V6 into a HDMI splitter. One of the cables from the splitter goes to a HDMI to scart converter which in turns runs to a scart to RF converter and hey presto, picture from V6 via co-ax. However currently no picture only volume?

dante01

Distinguished Member
I'd initially suspect one of the HDMI cables, either the cable from the STB to the splitter, from the splitter to the convertor or both?

Repster

I've been having problems with mine in the last week or so. I suspect its either some firmware issue as I haven't changed anything. Mine goes from splitter to Amp though (Denon 2500) I pulled the HDMI cable from splitter to AMP, waited a few seconds, plugged back in and started working again. Could do with a better solution TBH.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Again, try changing the HDMI cables you are using. Amazon's own Basics cables are both reliable and affordable.

Repster

Since pulling the cable I haven't had any further issues, not aware of any Virgin/Denon firware updates since though

dante01

Distinguished Member
Ie awaiting Virgin the rectify anything then you've first the task of actually convincing them that there's an issue with their hardware. Even if you manage this, you've also then to hope that those addressing such matters are not looking at several issues all with different fault numbers instead of treating them all as the same issue. I've been waiting for Virgin the address the DD dropout issue that they've publically stated they know about for 2 years. I don't think they've a clue as to what causes it or they know it is a hardware as opposed to a software issue so therefore turn a blind eye to it and hope people will tolerate it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom