Why new Smart Tvs do not have 3.5mm audio jack output?

Endreerdne

Novice Member
Reaction score
I noticed that new tvs don't have 3.5mm Jack audio output ,and I searched on internet to find an answer but I don't found any answer yet for my question,so please help me .

I noticed that new tvs don't have 3.5mm Jack audio output ,and I searched on internet to find an answer but I don't found any answer yet for my question,so please help me .
Most do?what brand in particular?

Well,I have an LG,but i saw som new UHD Samsung tvs that don't have.
Interesting - seems that Samsung have started to do away with them - suspect they don't feel it's necessary anymore

You can always use an Optical to 3.5mm adaptor if needed

Interesting - seems that Samsung have started to do away with them - suspect they don't feel it's necessary anymore

You can always use an Optical to 3.5mm adaptor if needed
I have one adaptor ,i bought it for like 20$ and it is not functioning,and idk why.

Most TV's that don't have a headphone socket have Bluetooth for soundbars & Bluetooth headphones.

Samsung got rid of the 3.5mm/headphone output on most/all their TVs several generations ago - from memory around 2016. I was looking for a new TV around then and it really annoyed me! Stopped me buying one of their models actually.

More annoying is when a TV has bluetooth but it only works with a limited number of items and not just any bluetooth headphones. Thankfully less of an issue these days!

The Bluetooth in older TV's was a receiver for input devices, mice & keyboards.
Bluetooth in some modern TV's act as a transmitter for output devices, headphones, smart speakers and soundbars.
The best TV's these days have Bluetooth transmit and receive.

completely agree!
doesn't matter if cheap noname or popular brand, none of them have it anymore.
I can't understand why? It doesn't need anything extra, one of the cheapest outputs you could have, and these are models that have 4-6 HDMI several AV in, toslink aso.
it would be the cheapest way to connect simple speakers.
most don't have Bluetooth audio out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom