1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why just one RGB scart socket?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pointon, Oct 24, 2001.

1. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm currently looking for a new TV to spend all my money on, but during my investigations into potential purchases I find myself becoming increasingly infuriated. So many TV sets with three scart sockets - great. Not when only one of the three is able to take a RGB signal!

When you want to connect a DVD player, a cable box and games machines into the TV using RGB, what is the point of just having one RGB scart? For me this makes two of the scarts totally redundant, I have no intention of connecting anything by S-Video, and I'm faced with bloody scart multipliers and switches once again.

Surely it can't cost that much to make multiple scart's compatible with RGB? Anyone know of manufacturers/sets that do just that?

[ 24-10-2001: Message edited by: pointon ]

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Loewe Aconda has 2 (or 3) RGB plus one switchable to component - but they aint cheap.

3. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the panasonic pb has 3 scarts of which 2 are rgb.i got my dvd in 1 and cable in the other.picture quality very good.

4. Dumfy

Dumfy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Take a look at some of the models from Philips. I'm on my second set from them and both had three scarts, two of which are RGB capable. I've got Sky connected to one and DVD to the other. My video is daisy-chained through the DVD player which passes RGB.

Mark

5. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers people.

6. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the dvd player has component video, then look at the Mid to Top range Toshiba players as these have component video inputs.

This will save you having to use RGB scart for the dvd player. You can then link the games machine through the digibox to share RGB.