why is there so much hatred for Corbyn?

Yet they have now accepted it. The fact that they made an issue where there should be no issue is one of the signed. It really doesn’t have to be so hard.
Labour adopted the IHRA definition in 2016. It was the four examples given along with IHRA which it ammended/changed. It has now adopted the full examples list.

However the Conservatives at the same period of time had not even adopted the IHRA definition.
Labour’s rulebook makes three references to antisemitism, whereas the Conservative code of conduct from December 2017 does not use the word once. But as it stands, we’ve yet to see any documents that make explicit reference to antisemitism or the IHRA definition of antisemitism. The Conservative party code of conduct does not expressly mention antisemitism once – let alone define it.
FactCheck: Conservative party rulebook doesn’t mention antisemitism

In July, we reported that the Conservative rulebook didn’t use the term antisemitism, despite Theresa May’s assertion that the party had adopted the IHRA definition. Just hours after we published our article, the Conservative party webpage seemed to have been quietly updated to include a mention of the IHRA that wasn’t there before.

FactCheck: Labour rulebook doesn’t mention IHRA antisemitism definition or examples

Furthermore If they dealt swiftly and decisive with the issues raised in the party that part wouldn’t have become such an issue.
It became an issue because the media wanted it to become an issue. The media didn't report the IHRA definitions situation with the Conservative Party in the same way and also downplayed the Conservative Party's Islamophobia Islamophobia in the UK Conservative Party (1997–present) - Wikipedia

Labour rebuilds, then manages to win another election before the trade agreement is signed off, allowing us to sign up to a labour inspired free trade agreement with Freedom of Movement :smashin:

Labour won't rebuild into anything electable unless Lansman/Momentum get their claws out of the Labour Executive.

Hate is too strong a word..but while at the helm he has made Labour un- electable... his Nationalise this that and everything is a throw back to a policy that were rejected in the 70's by the Electorate .. which lead to decades of Tory rule. I could go on forever on what is wrong about a Labour party lead by Corbyn..

But the single biggest fact for my dislike of him .. from 1979-2017 i had voted Labour at a General Election .. but in 2017 i voted Liberal to my shame.. and with him and his like still there, will more than likely do so again.. thinking about it maybe hate is indeed not too strong. :mad: .
x

Labour adopted the IHRA definition in 2016. It was the four examples given along with IHRA which it ammended/changed. It has now adopted the full examples list.

However the Conservatives at the same period of time had not even adopted the IHRA definition.
Labour’s rulebook makes three references to antisemitism, whereas the Conservative code of conduct from December 2017 does not use the word once. But as it stands, we’ve yet to see any documents that make explicit reference to antisemitism or the IHRA definition of antisemitism. The Conservative party code of conduct does not expressly mention antisemitism once – let alone define it.
FactCheck: Conservative party rulebook doesn’t mention antisemitism

In July, we reported that the Conservative rulebook didn’t use the term antisemitism, despite Theresa May’s assertion that the party had adopted the IHRA definition. Just hours after we published our article, the Conservative party webpage seemed to have been quietly updated to include a mention of the IHRA that wasn’t there before.

FactCheck: Labour rulebook doesn’t mention IHRA antisemitism definition or examples

It became an issue because the media wanted it to become an issue. The media didn't report the IHRA definitions situation with the Conservative Party in the same way and also downplayed the Conservative Party's Islamophobia Islamophobia in the UK Conservative Party (1997–present) - Wikipedia

As I said, If they acted decisively and with immediacy on the issues in the Labour Party it would not have had to be a problem. But they didn’t and they don’t.

The idea they are capable of re-nationalising anything they wish simply by raising taxes is hilarious.

When the incumbents propose to provide additional funding - they shout this will cost a million/billions and has not been fully costed and will somehow only benefit the rich.

... but can find the multi hundred billions to re-nationalise....hmmm

... ah of course I missed the bit the rich and enterprise will pay via their taxes...

***Stop Press*** - Dianne Abbott has just returned from the magical money tree on Momentums' trusty sugar coated unicorn. (having one is permitted and acceptable for those in a position of "helping the "people")

Top trolling.

Screenshot_20191106-201730_Chrome.jpg

The hard left aren't going to give up their grip on the Labour party regardless of this election. They've been working on getting into this position for 30 years, since the days of Militant.

Those Labour MPs who see themselves as moderates are going to need to find a new political home.

Hate is too strong a word..but while at the helm he has made Labour un- electable... his Nationalise this that and everything is a throw back to a policy that were rejected in the 70's by the Electorate .. which lead to decades of Tory rule. I could go on forever on what is wrong about a Labour party lead by Corbyn..

But the single biggest fact for my dislike of him .. from 1979-2017 i had voted Labour at a General Election .. but in 2017 i voted Liberal to my shame.. and with him and his like still there, will more than likely do so again.. thinking about it maybe hate is indeed not too strong. :mad: .
x

No comment on your post but I love your username - brings back many happy memories of watching the great man from the North Bank. :smashin:

No comment on your post but I love your username - brings back many happy memories of watching the great man from the North Bank. :smashin:
Yes i saw him in the late 60's on the Big Match and when living in London i started to go to matches at The Boleyn and some away also Because of him and that West Ham team of that era.

just another day for Labour..

Nothing to see here.. move along..move along.. :D

In a way, a very small way. I feel sorry for JC, he seems like a fly caught in the momentum web. He has his ideals ( unworkable) but these are stifled by the machine that's using him. Being a bad actor doesn't help either.

just another day for Labour..

Nothing to see here.. move along..move along.. :D

Still waiting to find the 0.06% who are not anti semetic in the current labour party upper echelons.

Jeremy Corbyn is that classic case of a person fighting a cause that he thinks he knows but has never lived, or really understood. He only sees the black and white of a situation from a righteous perspective without ever bothering to look at the nuance or, as someone else has said, the bigger picture. It's all one-sided

Russia - was once marxist, therefore they are really nice and couldn't possibly hurt a fly (poisoning what poisoning?)
Israel - have big army, therefore must be the bad guys on everything. ( Hamas killing women and children, repressing a population and living comfortably themselves, oh that can't be happening)
Ireland - England have big army, therefore must be the bad guys on this issue (we'll just ignore the religious nutters here they must be nice normal people really)
Wealthy people - have lots of money, all must be bad and screwing the system. None of them paying taxes obviously ( we'll just ignore all the philanthropy, employment creation, and decent ones - can't see my own wealth in this because of my special righteous glasses).

I don't hate him I find him a hypocrite and dangerously simplistic. Yet with an ability to sit on the fence and be duplicitous over a subject ( e.g. Brexit) when it suits.

He's the worst of the left-wing that thinks they know what is best for everybody and would just hammer it in, and blithely continue despite what any evidence to contrary suggests.

If it makes you feel any better I think Johnson is the right-wing equivalent and equally poor in his own way. He has no principles I can discern that don't change when it suits. The only difference being I don't think he'll he'd inadvertently 'do a Venezuela' (which Corbyn seems to have missed with his special glasses on).

I do believe he is anti-semitic btw. He just won't see it with his magic glasses on, he doesn't believe he is.
It's spillover from communism (amongst others) depicting Jews as the wealthy bankers - ironically despite Jewish workers being involved much of the labour movements at the time.

His liking of the mural said as much to me about how he thinks but doesn't actually see. If you can’t see antisemitism, it’s time to open your eyes | Michael Segalov
I'm left wondering if the fact he didn't notice (assuming genuine) is a worse issue, and why it's been so spectacularly poorly dealt with.
For me that sums up how he'd deal with anything under a leadership. Refuse to see a problem, then ignore it in the face of overwhelming evidence, press on as if nothing has happened potentially compounding a problem till it becomes a catastrophe.

The idea they are capable of re-nationalising anything they wish simply by raising taxes is hilarious.

When the incumbents propose to provide additional funding - they shout this will cost a million/billions and has not been fully costed and will somehow only benefit the rich.

... but can find the multi hundred billions to re-nationalise....hmmm

... ah of course I missed the bit the rich and enterprise will pay via their taxes...

***Stop Press*** - Dianne Abbott has just returned from the magical money tree on Momentums' trusty sugar coated unicorn. (having one is permitted and acceptable for those in a position of "helping the "people")

The Tories seem capable of finding money to buy support from the DUP :laugh: support that backfired spectacularly.

Given some of the press lately, it would seem to be the case of which party can be the most stupid.
What have we had:
BJ, tells Ireland that their deal is great because they are in the EU and get good trade
Dracula R Mogg tells people they are stupid for burning to death
Dyscalculia Abbot can't count how long Ken Clarke was doing something or count a potato apparently
Half the Labour party seem to have come out in support for the conservatives
The SNP seem to have come out in support for the Labour party
Another Labour candidate pulls out after making another anti-semitic remark.

Seriously wtf! Can't wait for the TV debates! Should be comedy gold

The Tories seem capable of finding money to buy support from the DUP :laugh: support that backfired spectacularly.

Indeed they did... around £1 billion I believe was reported at the time - a huge figure, though a drop in the ocean compared to the £400 billion being proposed by Labour in the last day or so.

£1 billion is probably washing around in the treasury's slush fund - not sure £400 billion will be though... I wish them good luck.

Yes that money may well have been better spent on other issues...

OK, not hatred, but:

For me Corbyn is an old idealistic fool.

• A history of supporting undesirables, IRA, Hezbollha & even Russia
  • Anti-Israel (no idea if anti-Jew but doubt it, he's not racist IMO)
  • Can't seem to make a decision
  • No charisma, poor public image
  • Wants to unilaterally get rid of our nuclear deterrent (this alone is a no-no for me)
  • Wants strong Unions to hold country to ransom again as per 70's
  • Doesn't understand that if you tax wealthy too much they will just leave & take their business & job creation activities with them. Needs to be done world over and no chance.
I do like the idea of nationalising Water & Energy industry infrastructure but operated by private, none profit companies. Don't want to go back to state employees in large numbers able to hold country to ransom with wages, terms & conditions etc.

When Ed Miliband stabbed his brother Dave Miliband in the back by getting unions & members to back him (not elected MP's) he then changed labour voting system in their favour to give more power to Unions/Membership and away from the elected MP's.

When MP's wanted to get rid of Corbyn they couldn't because the militant Momentum membership & Unions now had more power to block what the elected MP's wanted which is why he is still here even though he as nearly the lowest rating of any potential leader.

From the electorate (my) perspective it is the MP's that should have the main power over selecting the Labour leadership. They are the ones we can vote in & out. Any idiot with extreme views can pay their few quid to join the Labour Party diluting the sensible membership and the Union leaders that hold large sway are normally just the biggest gobsh*te that has worked his way through the union representing a membership that just pays their weekly/monthly fee with little interest who heads it (from my experience in industry in Big Lens union).

So, Labour has some serious issues that even getting rid of team Corbyn might not solve while Momentum has their claws into the running of it. (was Militant in 70's & 80's)

I've voted Labour more than any party in my life but I couldn't vote for them now. When my 80 yo mother who must have been born with a red stripe through her spine and has blindly voted labour all her life isn't voting Labour that says it all really. I live in Miners & steelworkers backyard in South Yorkshire and have never heard as many Labour supporters looking at alternatives to voting Labour.

They should get money and lobbying out of politics, with recognised/approved parties funded by taxation. We could then have a Labour type party not controlled by Unions & a Conservative type party not controlled by big money/corporations.

Is then only option for not going back to 70's to vote Liberal, since voting labour, conservative, brexit party I think all will do that one way or another.

Unfortunately it is not just Corbyn I find obnoxious, you can add Diane Abbot, Rebecca Long-Bailey who seems to sneer all the time,John McDoonnell who is on another planet when it comes to money,Richard Burgon who just seems to want to kiss Cobyns bum, Keir Starmer who comes across a a greasy spiv and Shami Chakrabarti who has the be the most blatantly dishonest politician in quite a while, still she got an honour out of it.

Unfortunately it is not just Corbyn I find obnoxious, you can add Diane Abbot, Rebecca Long-Bailey who seems to sneer all the time,John McDoonnell who is on another planet when it comes to money,Richard Burgon who just seems to want to kiss Cobyns bum, Keir Starmer who comes across a a greasy spiv and Shami Chakrabarti who has the be the most blatantly dishonest politician in quite a while, still she got an honour out of it.

Can't believe Emily Thornberry hasn't made your list.

Boris gets voted in by Tory members why should the labour party be any different.
When Corbyn became leader it saw its membership rise massively.
Was that due to unions or was it the message he was bringing to the table.
A message of change and something different.
People hark in about the 70's and 80's of unions and having to much power.
Inflation was running at like 30% by the end of the 70s private sector pay was booming yet public sector pay was on hold by the then labour government due to inflation.
I'm happy people are critical of Israel I have many Jewish friends who are also critical of Israeli foreign policy.
Does that mean JC is an antisemite no not for me I don't think he's at all racist either.
As for the terrorist links and what not he's provided explanations for everything.
Seems if your a Tory your allowed to meet the IRA and have discussions on how to move forward towards a peace process.
Or even run as an MP for the Tories if you have links with the IRA.
But God forbid JC having a conversation with some difficult people.
I see Gorbachev was on the BBC today saying there should be no nuclear weapons in the world at all.
I'm also happy to get rid of nuclear deterrent.
Waste of money.
I'll be voting for JC he's not a racist I don't think he can be bought and has been on the right side of voting in parliament for the last 30 years.
Lol. "He's provided an explanation for everything" how gullible are you exactly, it's not just a few meetings, the man's been a terrorist sympathiser for years and he's not exactly tryed to keep it a secret. When it comes to other countries getting up to tricks he's totally fine with it and makes all the excuses he can become he hates how western culture works. I always wondered what kind of people would vote for this scumbag and you've shown how gullible some people are. I heard Gorbachev saying there shouldn't be any nukes in the world so let's all believe him and get rid of ours. What?! I'm just glad your not running the country.

Corbyn's real problem is that he has made his life in parliament by objecting to everything and doesn't know how to do anything else. When he was put forward as a party leader candidate it was a token gesture and no one, probably not even him, remotely believed he'd get the job. Unfortunately for the serious candidates, he was the only one who could stand up and deliver a half decent speech, albeit short on content, but with plenty of fire and rhetoric. As leader, he simply can't offer anything constructive because he has never needed to before and doesn't know how.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom