Why is SKY News not widescreen?

B

beolab

Why are any programmes not widescreen?. 16:9 TV's were sold years ago because it was the future, but still I have to stretch programmes to fit?

Starburst

Novice Member
A lot of the content used is still 4:3 based and the channel is still accessible by far more 4:3 screens than 16:9.

SKY News were moving to brand new dedicated studios and I believe they will switch to 16:9 around that time however I am not sure on the date or even if they have already moved.

Dutch

beolab said:
16:9 TV's were sold years ago because it was the future, but still I have to stretch programmes to fit?
Do you prefer to watch fat heads rather than normally proportioned ones? :)

Steve

Nick_UK

Banned
If it's politicians on there, I don't usually notice any difference, especially Prescott :D

SilverPenguin7

Novice Member
Starburst said:
SKY News were moving to brand new dedicated studios and I believe they will switch to 16:9 around that time however I am not sure on the date or even if they have already moved.
I can confirm we are going W/S when the new studio goes live, which was supposed to be very soon however the 'live' date has just been put back slightly so you'll have to wait a little longer :(

B

Boy Lex

SilverPenguin7 said:
I can confirm we are going W/S when the new studio goes live, which was supposed to be very soon however the 'live' date has just been put back slightly so you'll have to wait a little longer :(
Will you continue to keep all of your captions well outside the safe area? :D

Starburst

Novice Member
According to a report on DS SKY News will be relaunched on October 24th.

MartinImber

Easy watch BBC News24 - widescreen, no adverts and all the text is on the screen!

StooMonster

MartinImber said:
Easy watch BBC News24 - widescreen, no adverts and all the text is on the screen!
And no cross-promotion of Sky's sports channels presented as "news" either.

In fact, are sports results "news" at all?

StooMonster

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom