Quantcast

Why is SKY News not widescreen?

B

beolab

Why are any programmes not widescreen?. 16:9 TV's were sold years ago because it was the future, but still I have to stretch programmes to fit?

Starburst

Novice Member
A lot of the content used is still 4:3 based and the channel is still accessible by far more 4:3 screens than 16:9.

SKY News were moving to brand new dedicated studios and I believe they will switch to 16:9 around that time however I am not sure on the date or even if they have already moved.

Dutch

beolab said:
16:9 TV's were sold years ago because it was the future, but still I have to stretch programmes to fit?
Do you prefer to watch fat heads rather than normally proportioned ones? :)

Steve

Nick_UK

Banned
If it's politicians on there, I don't usually notice any difference, especially Prescott :D

SilverPenguin7

Novice Member
Starburst said:
SKY News were moving to brand new dedicated studios and I believe they will switch to 16:9 around that time however I am not sure on the date or even if they have already moved.
I can confirm we are going W/S when the new studio goes live, which was supposed to be very soon however the 'live' date has just been put back slightly so you'll have to wait a little longer :(

B

Boy Lex

SilverPenguin7 said:
I can confirm we are going W/S when the new studio goes live, which was supposed to be very soon however the 'live' date has just been put back slightly so you'll have to wait a little longer :(
Will you continue to keep all of your captions well outside the safe area? :D

Starburst

Novice Member
According to a report on DS SKY News will be relaunched on October 24th.

MartinImber

Easy watch BBC News24 - widescreen, no adverts and all the text is on the screen!

StooMonster

MartinImber said:
Easy watch BBC News24 - widescreen, no adverts and all the text is on the screen!
And no cross-promotion of Sky's sports channels presented as "news" either.

In fact, are sports results "news" at all?

StooMonster