• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Why is RE5 Save Function so rubbish?

weyland-yutani

why is it so *****? i can't skip to different points or replay chapters unless i have the same kit/ammo as when i last played.:facepalm: i used to buy obscure objects in the previous games just to see what they were or how they functioned, because i knew i could just re load to my last save. this just ignores your progress and starts you with your currant kit, anywhere in the game:eek: i can go back to the start at any point with a massive kit list and play through like normal. *** is that about?

frikkin' stupid.:mad:

mart1977

I'm just about to start playing this game. Is it a known glitch or just something wrong with you game? Ive not played a RE game since the PS1 days. So what exactly is the problem and how should I best play so it doesnt affect me?

_mike_

weird, i do not have this issue. i can start in any chapter with any items i collected until this time. which makes me playing certain chapters to gain money and modify weapons to re-start the chapter i wasn't able to succeed or to replay these chapters for fun

weyland-yutani

well, if i start ANY chapter i have to have whatever ammo/kit i had when i last played. it simply overwrites any ammo/kit save EVEN when i select it not to.:mad:

i can literally start chapter one with a high powered rifle and a shed load of ammo. that's just stupid.

quarry2006

Funny how something that I always thought was a plus can be viewed by others as a minus. :)

weyland-yutani

if you just wanna jump in and have a blast, arcade style, then yes, it's handy. but it does remove an element of tension from the main game that i enjoyed in previous games.

I'm just about to start playing this game. Is it a known glitch or just something wrong with you game? Ive not played a RE game since the PS1 days. So what exactly is the problem and how should I best play so it doesnt affect me?

you've not played res evil 4? oh, man! now that's a treat i'd like to have in store. it's easily the best res evil game ever. it's supposed to be even better on the Wii.

Last edited:

quarry2006

I think the tension pretty much ended with the excellent RE4. The emphasis now leans more towards what we used to call "Monty Haul" in Dungeons And Dragons campaigns. Still an excellent gaming experience, just different.

And I can vouch for RE4 being much better on the Wii. You get all the extra gubbins that came with the PS2 version plus it plays much more naturally with the Wiimote and Nunchuck :)

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom