Why is my Sky+ Picture 'rolling'

Technostupid

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased a LG32LD490 which I have connected to Sky+ via a Scart Lead.

However, I seem to have an issue with a rolling horizontal block rolling up or down through the picture a bit like in the old days when your aerial was out of line. At times it is more noticeable than others and varies between moving up and down.

I have multi room so it would rule out the dish. The same thing occurs when I have tried it on my Panasonic TXP46G20 so that would rule out the TV and it occurs on a standard Sky box as well as the Sky+ box.

Could it be a dodgy scart lead? What would be the best connection to use?

It's a bit frustrating buying a new TV and having a worse picture than before.

:lease:

Check the Scart lead is fully plugged home on the Sky box. It should be in the Scart marked TV.

Could it be a dodgy scart lead? What would be the best connection to use?
Welcome to AVF, and it's almost certain that it IS something about the Scart connection that's causing the problem. With standard and + receivers the Scart is the best connection to use - so, time to get a HD receiver to match the nice new TV?;)

Thanks.

I have got a nice new HD receiver for the Panny but the LG is in my kids toy room and I cannot stretch to a couple of HD subscriptions yet.

Is there a Scart to HDMI lead available? Would that be better to use?

Like he said! ;)
You don't have to pay any more in subscriptions to use a HD receiver - but before that check the Scart sockets and try a new cable.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom