Why is my picture so jerky?? - TCP60GT50

gidgey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ya, I know the technology isn't perfect, and I understand that fast sports such as soccer and hockey will have moments of blur or whatever, but what is up with watching this Olympics soccer game in HD and it being jerky almost the whole time?? It is REALLY distracting.

And HD... I dunno.... is it REALLY all it's cracked up to be? To me HD means flawless... if anything, a blurrier picture rounds out all edges.. this just seems to enhance edges and point out imperfections.

Ok, a little bit better adjusting the settings onto "HIGH" for the smoothing effect.

Also, changed to THX for the picture which is making the soccer game look "live" vs looking like it's a "movie" if that makes any sense. That was bugging me big time.

This also took away the slight fluttering of stagnant graphics on the screen. Slowly things are starting to earn the hype of all this HD stuff ;) A couple more adjustments and i think it'll be there.

Just troubleshooting live here so that any other newbies can maybe be helped as well :)

Last edited:
Turn off ALL picture processing such as resolution enhancer, intelligent frame creation etc... I watched footy last night and had no motion judder etc with these off :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom