Why is my brand new plasma buzzing

K

kingcutter

Just got a new samsung plasma and it is making quite a loud buzzing noise it is not coming from the speakers it appears to be coming from the back of the set. :lease:

Hodman

Standard Member
This has been covered many times (do a search for 'buzzing').

Most plasma panels do buzz in one way or another.
It's usually down to the design of the power supply within the panel.

It has been mentioned that altitude may contribute to it.

johndon

If you've just bought it, get a replacement. Most, if not all plasmas buzz to a certain extent. I had one (a Hitachi 42PD3000) that buzzed and I managed, eventually, to get a replacement after 7 months but many forum members haven't been so lucky.

John

Alfa

Standard Member
johndon
I also have a Hitachi 42PD3000 which buzzed; fitted some "roadkill" sound absorbtion pads over just a few of the vent holes near the base has reduced the noise considerably. Obviously being careful not to cover the top area - otherwise bang goes the set and the guarantee!
I notice that you now have a 42PD5200, is it worth upgrading as the only slight disappointment I find is with sky+ ?

johndon

Alfa, probably not worth the upgrade. I can't tell any difference on the PQ between the two. Only reason I ended up with the 5300 was, that by the time Hitachi had agreed to replace the 3000, the 5300 was the current model.

John

K

kingcutter

David-Sheekey said:
Is it buzzing loudly? can you here it from a normal viewing distance. Does it get louder when brighter images are displayed on screen?

Yes yes and no.

mastercrap are coming out wednesday.

K

kingcutter

masterdontcare came out today apparently it is above normal for this set and they are going to replace it,guess what none in stock could be upto a couple of weeks,i will keep you updated.

K

kingcutter

Just got a call it will be here on Monday which is my day off. :clap:

K

kingcutter

came out Monday but guess what they did not send the fitter,so my wife had to wait in again today :thumbsdow
Fitter arrived at three brand new in the box now on the wall and no buzz at all sweet. :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom