Why is life just so crap at the moment.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KoThreads, Apr 19, 2007.

1. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Log on just now to be met with a banner wondering why i haven't posted for some time........so heres why.

Was in hospital for just over a week as i haven't been well for a while and it turns out i'm not that well and who knows how much longer i'm going on for, if it wasn't for real that would sound funny, and then at 4.15 today my 14 year old yorkie finally gave in to her breathing/heart problems and died.

I have had many dogs die, most have been special in some way, but little Rose was almost human in her ways and i can't come to terms that shes gone, i want to greive but just can't. Even though i knew it was goping to come sooner or later the last few days she was pretty good, then all of a sudden shes gone. I'm 49 and live on my own, at the moment this house is very quiet.

Thank you for your time,

2. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,626
    I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and I hope your health improves.

3. Badger0-0

Badger0-0
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,923
    It might not sound much use at the minute mate, but the motto that I live by is "you never know the good, without seeing the bad".

4. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,692
    No doggie will ever replace your little Rosie, but I'd go and start looking for another pup as soon as you can.

5. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,836
    Just dont give up, life can be crap, but life can be amazing as you are unquie, one of a kind, and im sure rose was looked after and loved her time being around you. You are born and you die, nothing lasts forever, but its those moments of joy, tears, drama that make up our lives and its not great all the time.

i think another pup out there who at this moment is afraid and not loved, needs kindness and love by you, give it time and she/he will turn you dark times now into better ones. Hope your health gets better, but you need to mourn your loss and get another puppy/pet who will show affection, and talk to your friends or us, were here for you on the forums, or PM, phone.

best,
    rai

now edited; Idoexist sorry wrong choice of word in sentence previously if you had read it.

6. Pat_C

Pat_C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    I know what you mean about the quiet house, having lost my dog six months ago. It really is losing a best friend. Having two lots of bad news in a short time must be very difficult to deal with, but you will.

And the others are right about getting another dog, once you feel the time is right. That's what I have done now. As you're probably aware, having a dog around can help you deal with any other problems you may have.

I hope you find a way of dealing or coping with your health situation.

7. davidjohnson

davidjohnson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,454
    I am very sorry to hear about your troubles :(

I am also going through the worst period of my life at the moment and can't see much light at the end of the tunnel, so you have my sympathies :) .
    I have actually found that this forum has helped take my mind of things.

8. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Thanks to you all, it's just made me feel better letting some of this pain go.

Without going into too much detail the problem with my health will mean it being impossible for me to care for another dog in future, it really is that bleak, in October i'll know one way or another, until then this summer could well end up being one of the saddest times of my life.

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply.

9. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Sorry to hear about your health and your dog.

The loss of a dog can be traumatic, it was 3 years ago this week that my last dog was 'put to sleep'. This broke my heart and I decided that we would not get another dog. My wife initially agreed but after several months I found myself at the local rescue centre. The advice from the rescue people was to get a completely different dog which avoids the area of subconsciously trying to replace the last dog. Several trips later we went home with a collie/labrador-cross who came from a rather unpleasant home but she is absolutely perfect for us and all the fear has gone from her life.

10. Steve.J.Davies

Steve.J.Davies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    It is a very hard thing to lose a good dog.
    My sympathies.

11. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261

agree with that, it can only get better, somehow...

take it easy...

12. Pat_C

Pat_C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Try and cling on to the hope that things may work out OK, however bleak they may look right now.

13. Pat_C

Pat_C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    It's always good to hear of a badly treated dog finding a good home. I just wish that they all could.

14. Urien Rheged

Urien Rheged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +864
    I lost a 6 month month old kitten in a tragic accident 17 months ago and it's still hard to deal with. I know exactly how hard it can be. We got another kitten and it really helped us take our minds of things. You did the best by your dog and gave her a good long life free of fear and pain. You did a great thing for her and I'm sure she loved you to bits. You could have done no more. Take happiness and peace from that. That's how we learned to cope with our loss.
    Best of luck to you :)

15. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    Hey matey

Well, what can I say.

I know that you have great taste in music - wow, you replied to my Mahavishnu thread some months ago! - and I always find that playing some inspirational music helps me through bad times. Also reading books which have always meant something to me. We all go through difficult periods, and I find that reading about how other people cope and come out the other end helps me. Especially if it's a great artist, musician etc, someone who I thought was perfect and then find they had many many problems. There is always someone that you can relate to who has had similar issues, and none of us are alone in feeling that we have reached rock bottom at some point in our lives.

Phil