• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

why is it...

Egg White

Distinguished Member
that when a lot of people get into serious relationships they let themselves go? :(

it's not what people sign up to...

aVdub

Banned
that when a lot of people get into serious relationships they let themselves go? :(

it's not what people sign up to...

Looking at a lot of people local to me they must all be in serious relationships :D

Is there a book on what we sign up to when in a serious relationship and does one also exist for those that let themselves go after being signed up to a website for years and years ha ha

mjn

Distinguished Member
One of the guys i train with at the gym, signed a contract with his wife, that neither of them were allowed to gain more than about 10% of their weight as it was on marriage day. Only exception is her being pregnant. They even stated the amount of time she had to get back in shape after every baby :eek:

Egg White

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't go that far myself...but i do a fair amount of exercise and look ok... wish i could say the same about my lady :(

wilbanat

Distinguished Member
One of the guys i train with at the gym, signed a contract with his wife, that neither of them were allowed to gain more than about 10% of their weight as it was on marriage day. Only exception is her being pregnant. They even stated the amount of time she had to get back in shape after every baby :eek:
I like that.....a lot

shodan

Distinguished Member
My misuse and I have been together for about 9 years now. She was young, slim and pretty when we got together but now she is phenomenal! As fit as a butchers dog! Where as I'm carrying 0.5 - 1 stone too much. But then I work and she doesn't, I'm a lot older than her and struggle to find time to exercise and she goes to the gym 5 or 6 times a week as part of her daily routine.... I had to give up the training I was doing due to it causing me lots of injuries (although I've started swimming now).

But I think being happy and content in yourself and your relationship can lead to apathy and laziness...

Lee

Wish I'd read that about 19 years ago

D

Deleted member 51156

My brothers girlfriend has put on a bit of timber, bemoaning his lack of affection he turned to her and said "No one is going to want to come into your shop if you don't keep the front tidy."

Egg White

Distinguished Member
haha...well, I've orderedher an 8kg kettlebell... and she knows I'm going to get tough with her...nice 4-5 day a week routine of swings for starters... :)

Graham27

Distinguished Member
Well, as long as they were both happy with it, fair enough. I don't like people who try to force their partners to exercise though, that's not on.

I'm maybe an uncaring eejit, but I don't see why getting fat is acceptable in a relationship. Too much booze and your partner will have a word, same with cigs, drugs or anything else. If you don't contribute financially there would be a riot. But if someone has too many pies it's unacceptable to talk about it? Cobblers.

Last edited:
I enjoy going to the gym and I cycle to work. It's hard for people who have put on weight to even see they're a chubster let a lone do anything about it. I don't agree with pushing someone to the gym or to lose weight.

Shouldn't you love someone warts and all?

mjn

Distinguished Member
Shouldn't you love someone warts and all?

Bit hard, if you don't find fat people attractive when there is a big pile of fat staring back at you.

Werewolfs

Prominent Member
Shodan said.....But I think being happy and content in yourself and your relationship can lead to apathy and laziness...
Agree with above. So how many people are doing their best to look good for others (or themselves) not their partner. Come on please, please, please be honest.

Egg White

Distinguished Member
I try to look my best - tho, I am lazy at times, but I still exercise 4-5 times a week... we do have an good diet too...but we do tend to over eat at times...

but my lady's embracing the kettlebell routine it seems...we had one last night, and we're having a bite to eat now and will exercise around midday before going on a 3 mile stroll in the sun :)

Ste7en

Distinguished Member

And they say romance is dead :)

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Will21st, I see you agree with me? I don't mind you appreciating my wife's assets(from afar) but presume you mean your own partner :laugh:.

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Also I don't think you can force somebody to go to the gym to lose weight but I believe you should encourage somebody more for the health benefits than anything else. Especially if you have children who depend on you.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom