Why is Gmail is Beta ?

F1Fan72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I've been using gmail for years, The question is why does it still say beta ? surely they still can't be Beta-ing ?

I have been wondering about this as well, as it has been there for a long time and things only normally beta for a few months.

Does seem strange ? Its either that our they have forgotten to remove the Beta under 'Google Mail' :confused:

Email them and ask

Not sure why still beta.

Google have a policy to let their staff build anything they want one day a week.

Gmail was the result of one staff members output as is google calendar !
Though presumably these are not 1 man day a week operations now. Gmail through the iphone is great too.

Though Facebook are now stealing (brain draining) google's staff.

Don't think gmail is still beta. I remember when it was a proper beta and you had to be invited to use it and at the time it had 1GB of storage which was huge as Hotmai/Yahoo only had like 100MB. Took me ages to get an invite! Heck I remember when I joined yahoo mail and I had 15MB of email storage :cool:

warranty.. if its a full blown 1.0 release, it makes them liable whereas if it is classed a beta product, you accept it warts and all and it therefore removes the liability if something goes wrong

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom