Why is comedian Lee Hurst never on TV anymore?

Veni Vidi Vici

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember Lee Hurst who used to be on "They Think It's All Over"? Bald bloke, really funny. What happened to him as he hasn't been on TV for years?

Any ideas?

In recent years he reduced his TV appearances to allow more time for running his comedy club before it's closure. No reason for the unexpected closure of the club has ever been given. The website simply stipulates "circumstances beyond our control".

Taken from Wikipedia.

Something in my memory tells me he had some kind of serious illness, few years back. That's why he dropped out of They Think It's All Over. Can't recall details, though...

EDIT:

This articles refers to his back pain, but more worryingly, his threatened suicide attempt:
http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2006/11/04/4639/lee_hurst's_dad_dies

I had heard a few years back that he had had a breakdown. Perhaps that is why he seems to have vanished off the main circuits.

i remember him having a problem with his back... fusing vertebra i think...

yeah im sure back problems amongst other things led to him quitting they think its all over.

Actually I saw Lee perform on Saturday at a friend's stag do. He comperes every Saturday at his club 'FymFyg' - www.thefymfygbar.com

He was absolutely brilliant and I can't think why he isn't on TV more - would definitely recommend the club.

Toby

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom