• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Why is "Backing up iPhone" taking so long when syncing now?

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

As per title really, my 3G seems to take forever to sync these days-circa 30 minutes. :eek:

The bit that seems to take the time is the initial stage of "Backing up Azzin's iPhone".

If I eventually click on the little "x" in the top/middle window, it immediately moves on to complete the sync (bookmarks etc) and finishes a few minutes later.

Any suggestions/advice regarding why the initial stage is taking so long?

Ta. :thumbsup:

neilybealy

i had this ages ago on and found an article which said it was down to installing apps using the phone and not buying them via itunes and syncing them

i had to remove everything then re-install using itunes and since then it's worked ok

not sure if the newer versions of itunes has resolved this now though as others don't seem to have that problem

hot-fuzz

Is it Jailbroken?
Mine is and it takes ages aswell.

I only just JB'd 3.1.3 after being on 3.0.1 for a long time and iirc it does becone quicker the more you times you backup.

GarryF

i had this ages ago on and found an article which said it was down to installing apps using the phone and not buying them via itunes and syncing them

i had to remove everything then re-install using itunes and since then it's worked ok

not sure if the newer versions of itunes has resolved this now though as others don't seem to have that problem

This might be right, mine had this problem for month or so, then i cleared out some apps and it's working normally again

oasismark

I think if you dont back up often, it just takes longer to 'back up'

I back up mine at least every week, and its never really long.

But did mrs's this week, who never backs up and it took ages!!

GarryF

I think if you dont back up often, it just takes longer to 'back up'

I back up mine at least every week, and its never really long.

But did mrs's this week, who never backs up and it took ages!!

Nah, when it's bugged you can unplug after sync, plug it back in and still have to wait 30-60 mins, can get quite annoying :)

addaman

yer as said above its because of installing apps and updates on the phone rather than itunes.
I did mine the other day and it took 2hours just to backup!!

neily1970

Novice Member
Also be wary of hitting the x to stop the backup. Doing this a lot makes backing up painfully slow the next sync. I usually do full backup once a week and it takes around 15 minutes (still feels like an age though) backing up 6GB

DarkEntity

Mine syncs in about 60seconds, jailbroken, full of music loads of customisations etc..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom