Question Why have Philips Discontinued the 5700 series and not replaced it?

Colin Glover

My 50PUS7505 went faulty after 6 weeks use. The Freeview Play app and it's linked players: iPlayer, Itv Hub, all 4, my 5, UKTV Player, CBS player etc, all load up but show a black screen when playing even though playing. Netflix, Prime and other non Freeview related apps work fine. Picture is outstanding for an entry level Television.

TP Vision couldn't resolve it, so AO ended up swapping for an LG 49UN71006LB at £429, with £40.00 discount due to arrive Monday. This is a common issue, lots of reviews on Argos mention apps not working. Seems to be either an issue between Saphi and Freeview, or a conflict with the Freeview and my Internet. I'm on Plusnet and just after it started, without telling me, Plusnet (without telling me) has altered my bandwidth. I only found out by logging into my account to fine a case had been logged saying it had been altered, but did not say increased or decreased. Plusnet support said vy a used BT Hub 6 and they'd credit £20.00. Coincidental timing.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised TP Vision have discontinued the model after 10 mths? Everything the TPV agent suggested I'd already done. This is a common error so I believe and I have my suspicion that it's why it's been discontinued. Otherwise, it's a brilliant set with HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Atmos and Freesat HD. I'm gutted I'm aan extra £70.00 down. Why have TPV done this instead of properly supporting customers?

dan8204

They seem to discontinue tv's quickly I had a 6703 that developed a panel fault after about 9 months and was refunded as they couldnt give me another tv, that was saphi but I never had any problems like you had.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Other than small budget TVs models in the TV market are normally replaced yearly. January is earlier than most for stock to vanish but not unusually so, particularly for a variant only available in a couple of retailers.

The 7555 is still available which I'd expect to be virtually identical and likely to have the same computing/network hardware and software.

2021 models (ending in 6) should be out around March/April. Philips often don't keep the same model numbers year by year though, so there may or may not any 75#6 models.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom