Why DTS does not always work on AVR300

ttree sound

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I know the reason why it does not work but is there a workaround.

The front stereo speakers are bi -amped using channel 6 and 7. This has the effect of preventing these channels from being configured in the menu, which is why I think that some DTS disks will not have any sound in 5.1 mode. If I change to stereo downmix or mono the sound returns.

This only happens on some DTS disks such as LOTR TWO TOWERS or FINDING NEMO. THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW plays the DTS track just fine.

This was a known fault with a very early version of the firmware. It only happed when using the Bi-Amp option. If you take the unit to your dealer he/she will be able to upgrade it to the latest version, alternatively I can e-mail you the necessary files for you to apply yourself but you do this entirely at your own risk and will be charged to fix the unit if you make a mess of it.

The software version is - 2.84/1.12. I have recently upgraded a freeview digi box using a null modem cable after downloading the software. I assume the process is similar. One question, what mode should the receiver be in to accept the software, if it makes any difference?

It would be appreciated if you could send me the files, as I don't want to disconnect all the cables before taking it to my dealer for upgrading would take a whole day to organise. Should I PM you with my e-mail address first?

If you PM me with your e-mail addresss I'll send the files to you. Instructions on their use and what they do is contained within the files.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom