1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't panels come with more connectivity?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by miracleboy, Aug 22, 2005.

1. miracleboy

miracleboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a 42" Rear Proj at the moment, but am looking to move to HD soon so have been reading the forums for a while. I noticed there is a lot of discussion about HD connection, component through an Amp for example. Sorry if this is a real noob question (it sounds like one to me!), but why don't panels come with more connectivity - like 3 component sets rather than 1, 3 HDMI connections rather than one. There are 3 RGB scarts, so why not 3 of what people actually want? :confused:

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    panels (as opposed to tellys) are mainly aimed at the commercial market so normally come with pc links as standard and everything as optional.......I'm not sure of any that even come with scarts as standard

3. peterakastorm

peterakastorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the panels are aimed at the commercial market, and I guess the lack of connectivity is because you can then customize your inputs to your likings, so in that way its actually more versatile.

4. miracleboy

miracleboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry I think I might have mis-used a term there! :(

What I meant by panel was a plasma I might buy - for example, I'm looking at the Panasonic PV500, which only has 1 component connection and 1 HDMI connection.

I think I misdirected you down the commercial route, when I meant consumer plasmas. :oops: