1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Don't Arcam?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Eitzel, Feb 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Eitzel

Eitzel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Top Secret-Anyone coming anywhere near my Pioneer
    Ratings:
    +143
    Do Arcam have any plans to make a Hi-Def video deinterlacer/scaler in the future?

I believe the market is there for one, say based on the iScan, with British/European specific features, such as Scart inputs etc. I'd be first in line if they did. Why let the Americans have the field to themselves?

What does anyone think? Any chance? :lease:

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    I doubt it, Arcam's main interest in in the audio side of the market, and they are very good at it. Also I am of the opinion that upscaling standard definition material is not hugely worthwhile and that stand alone units that do this and do it very well are part of a very niche market and generally hugely expensive compared to the gains made. As for deinterlacing Hi-Def material, well even at the present for Standard Definition material they leave that to the internal chipsets they fit in their DVD players so I guess we will have to wait for a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray Arcam machine.