Why doesn't my Pioneer AX5iS process DTS ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Florey, Sep 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Florey

Florey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the movie mode menu, there does not seem to be an option for DTS - only DD, Prologic and various other modes such as Action ? The manual is not very clear on this subject

Yet the AX5Ireceiver is clearly marked DTS on it's case. The dvd player is a Pioneer 868AVI linked to the AX5i by firewire and all DTS output modes set...

2. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    For the Amplifiers to correctly detect DTS and avail it as an option, A Dvd/CD with DTS must be loaded.

Trying playing a dvd with DTS and make sure you select DTS on the dvd selection menu as all dvd's with DTS always default on Dolby digital

3. mikemccon

mikemccon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your AX5i is processing DTS - it's automatic - just as it is for DD. When you feed it a DTS signal the indicator will light up on the front panel (bottom left I think)
    The movie modes are DSP modes that will apply EQ, reverb etc to the virgin DTS/DD sound. There is no need to have a movie mode for DTS or DD on the menu.

Or are you saying that when you feed your amp a DTS signal there is no sound?

4. ic33

ic33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have to play around with the settings on the DVD player to ensure it's sending the right type of signal to the receiver.