Why does this always happen to me, never have striaght vertical lines on my TV's? why

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by BuyingATV, Oct 26, 2002.

  1. BuyingATV

    BuyingATV
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a Sony 28LS35 very nice, first thing i did was keep my eye on the right top corner because every TV ive ever had always loses about a cm of the screen and bends more so at the top part of the screen. Phew i though a TV with straight lines, sat down to enjoy my TV, hello whats this in the top left hand corner, a bendy line, why?

    Thanks
     
  2. smallman28

    smallman28
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because they are made to a price and the first thing to go is good geometry!
    I have the same set and have twiddled with the service menu settings and got it to a level where it is a lot more easy to live with although sometimes programs which have a lot of vertical lines still show up some errors in the top right corner.
    At the end of the day all the messing in world wont correct what is a fundemental flaw when you try to make something cheap,get it to a point where it is okay for 98% of the time and close your eyes for the other 2%.
     
  3. BuyingATV

    BuyingATV
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm shame, why doesnt this happen to other people sets i.e my mates who ahve cheaper TV's. grr. How can i make it look better?

    Thanks
     
  4. smallman28

    smallman28
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Trust me when you look a little harder at your mates tv's you will begin to see things.
    My friend has a 28" 4:3 Goodmans set that I used to think was pretty tidy but now I can see all sorts of things wrong with it after
    reading these forums and knowing what to look for.
    As I said you can try altering some settings in the service menu to try and improve things.
    I just posted a reply to some one eles question a moment ago about the same thing and I think the sequence went like this,

    First put the set into stand by,then press the following sequence
    i button
    5 button
    volume up button
    then TV button

    You should get something like two 00'2 appear in the top right hand corner of the screen and then press the menu button on the remote to access the settings themselves.

    As I said to a search first to make sure that is correct as I did this from memory,also write down all settings first before you change anything.
     
  5. BuyingATV

    BuyingATV
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot, now i know its common i kinda feel better but i spent 495£ and its a sony! hmm expected better but im happy with the set.
     
  6. Squirrel God

    Squirrel God
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spend £2000 on a TV and you'll still have imperfect geometry.

    Only way to get truly perfect geometry is to get a flat panel.
     
  7. Midge

    Midge
    Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2002
    Messages:
    312
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bristol
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a lottery win then so I can get myself a 'perfect' picture tv. Only recently bought a widescreen tv, and glad I did, but after reading these forums I long for the day when I can watch tv again without worrying about whether I have wavey lines, bendy lines, picture not quite how it should be!!!!

    It's a relief when going round someone elses house who's still got a 4:3 tv, as I can relax and not worry about anything.....other than how can they watch a picture like that:D
     

Share This Page

Loading...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice