1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does the aspect ratio go crazy with PS

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nobbydog, Dec 2, 2004.

1. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hope this is ok to post here as I've had no luck in the DVD players forum.
    :confused:
    I'll be as brief as I can. Just noticed that when I select progressive scan in the DVD25 set-up menu the screen aspect ratio seems to overstretch, ie. whether it is still in the set-up page or back to the dvd that is playing, the top and bottom of the picture is not visible. However, setting the output to interlaced the aspect ratio is fine.

Any one either with the HK DVD25 or any other PS player noticed this, its definitely not right and means at present I can only watch dvd's in progressive scan mode if I put up with the image stretched top and bottom.

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the 506 and found I had this problem - but only on Pal discs. NTSC discs were fine. The answer - select "film" in video mode. The HK players seem to be pretty poo at picking up the 3:2 flag on pal discs...

3. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply. I've checked the prob WITHOUT a disc in the player now ie. just the HK logo nonesense on screen, and the picture still overstretches top and bottom when ps is selected, and reverts back to a correct format with interlaced!?!
    Not sure about the 'film' mode, can't find anything that gives me that option in the player menu....any other ideas?