Answered Why does my TX-43FX650B keep forgetting its settings?

Guff666

Novice Member
I have a newly purchased TX-43FX650B (new from John Lewis). I set it up for home use, changed the names of a couple of devices, added some devices to the Home screen and installed Plex.
Three times, I've switched on to find that the Home Screen has reverted to just the three icons and the Plex app has been deleted, or has lost its settings. I've reinstalled Plex and added it back to the home screen, but the same thing happens again.

Ive not found anything by searching, so I'm beginning to think there is a fault. Any comments before I invoked the warranty?

mark abbeyman

Novice Member
Doesnt matter where you bought it, doesnt matter what you installed to it.
My TX-43FX555B did the same thing. They had to replace the main board! I did 7 retunes in a week and then got sick of the sight of it sitting there NOT working. You can retune it any number of times you want, it WILL do it again; it will lose every channel and show nothing in the EPG, it will also freeze, suddenly lose sound, crash, lose its wifi signal and then regain it continuously. Get it back to them for repair! They HAVE to repair it and if they cant they MUST give you a replacement or a refund.

mark abbeyman

Novice Member
Panasonic support suggested that i unplug the aerial, do an autotune and then plug it back in and do it again. I did. An hour later it lost all its channels! Again and again and again +++++ Its a cracking TV but so unlike anything from Panasonic to go wrong like that. Not typical of them.

Guff666

Novice Member
Thabks to both of you. In running a beer festival over the next few days so I'm a bit tied up. However, ill be on to John Lewis on Monday to get it replaced. Its brand new, so ill just reject it as defective.

Guff666

Novice Member
I finally got to the bottom of the problem, so I wanted to feed back the answer.

Operator Error

To solve a different issue whereby the Panasonic doesnt disable the internal speakers when you have a sonos playbar attached, I enabled Hotel Mode. Hotel Mode can, optionally, reset all personal settings periodically. Once I disabled this, the settings stuck.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
You should have mentioned you'd enabled Hotel mode in your original post but thanks for reporting back with the solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom