Why does my Samsung CRT TV flicker?

X

xraffle

I bought a Samsung Slimfit TX-T2082 SDTV about seven months ago and have noticed some flickering in the picture. The flickering was always there from the first day I bought it. The flickering is basically a very slight unsteadiness in the picture that occurs mainly when a scene cuts from a bright picture to a darker one. The flickering would mainly occur when a scene cuts, it would flicker for about 1-3 seconds and then stop. The intensity of the flicker varies depending on how much the picture changes when the scene cuts. Looks to me like some kind of refresh rate thing, but I don't know why it's so obvious on this TV. On my older TVs, I never noticed this issue. The flickering occurs on all sources, whether I'm watching cable, watching DVDs, or playing video games.

Does anyone know what the cause is and how I can go about fixing it? Will it eventually go away as the picture tube ages?

Also, if any of you have this exact model, do you experience flickering?

Samsung CRT TVs are notorious for having weak power supplies so that could be the reason for the flicker when the tube goes from bright to dark.

Samsung CRT TVs are notorious for having weak power supplies so that could be the reason for the flicker when the tube goes from bright to dark.
I see. Some other people have also told me that weak power supplies could be the reason. So I bought a power conditioner in hopes that the clean power would fix it, but it didn't.

Is there any way to upgrade the power supply?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom