Why does my new Samsung LED TV make films look like cheap sitcoms?

acid_kewpie

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've recently got a UE46F6800 and it's awesome but so many things I watch seem to now look like they've been filmed for TV in a small studio with cheap cameras and lighting. Everything from Lord of the Chuffing Rings to It's a Wonderful Life look like low cost TV sets... Is there some specific feature on this thing that I'm missing that'd doing this? Some form of noise correction or motion adjustment? Or is this just what the films actually look like when shown properly?? Nothing looks cinematic to me!

Thanks and happy xmas!

It's almost certainly the motion interpolation feature. Change the Auto Motion Plus or Motion Plus setting - or whatever it is called in the F series... either set it to Clear or Off (not Standard or Smooth).

Plasma more close to cinema for films, something like the Panasonic 50st60. But yes, as you now have the led, turn off all the processing. Look for settings in the owners thread or picture perfect forum

Motion Plus. That's the bugger! And now I Google for the feature there is so so much out there about "the soap opera effect"! Thanks!

It's a Wonderful Life was still wonderful though!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom