Why does my Apple Watch keep syncing???

martylaa

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi quick question, i purchased a Apple Watch series 6 last week, however it kept syncing sometimes 5/6 times a day, spoke to Apple and tried everything but still no avail so i sent it back and exchanged for another one, the new one arrived yesterday and its just synced again (2 times today).
I’m struggling to work out why this is happening, my iPhone 6 is fully updates as is the watch, its starting to bug me now and I’m thinking of sending it back and going back to Garmin.

Has anyone else come across this or is it normal for the watch to sync randomly?

Hi quick question, i purchased a Apple Watch series 6 last week, however it kept syncing sometimes 5/6 times a day, spoke to Apple and tried everything but still no avail so i sent it back and exchanged for another one, the new one arrived yesterday and its just synced again (2 times today).
I’m struggling to work out why this is happening, my iPhone 6 is fully updates as is the watch, its starting to bug me now and I’m thinking of sending it back and going back to Garmin.

Has anyone else come across this or is it normal for the watch to sync randomly?
What do you mean by syncing? Is a it syncing a specific app?

Upvote 0
A white dial appears, and then the bars slowly fill in, takes about 10 mins every time its happened, the first one i had last week synced 4 times in about 2 hours one day. I spoke to Apple support and they said to do a hard reset on both the watch and iphone but it did nothing.

Then today with the new one (arrived yesterday) its done it twice today already, when the white dial is on with the bars slowly filling i can’t use the watch until its complete.

I’m at a loss and feel like just sending it back and going to Garmin.

Upvote 0
A white dial appears, and then the bars slowly fill in, takes about 10 mins every time its happened, the first one i had last week synced 4 times in about 2 hours one day. I spoke to Apple support and they said to do a hard reset on both the watch and iphone but it did nothing.

Then today with the new one (arrived yesterday) its done it twice today already, when the white dial is on with the bars slowly filling i can’t use the watch until its complete.

I’m at a loss and feel like just sending it back and going to Garmin.
Very strange. Usually would only do that during software updates.
Are both on the latest OS available? Have you tried removing apps from the watch and slowly adding each one back to see if it’s an app crashing the watch?

Upvote 0
Yep I’d agree, it did this on both watches during the updates which I’d expect, however its happening as well after both iphone and watch have been fully updated to the latest software? All Apple say is perform a hard reset on both yet that has done nothing, I’ll give it a couple of days and if it happens again then it’ll get sent back.

Upvote 0
Its just done it again, not sure what the hell is going on but I've had enough tbh, going to contact JL and just send it back for a refund and look to a Garmin. Bloody shame as its a nice watch and i've bought a few second hand straps as well...

Upvote 0
Its just done it again, not sure what the hell is going on but I've had enough tbh, going to contact JL and just send it back for a refund and look to a Garmin. Bloody shame as its a nice watch and i've bought a few second hand straps as well...
You must have a duff one., Never had that before. Can you wipe and restore the watch from new and not a back up. I know back ups are great but they carry crazy amount of bugs.
Done a back up restore on an iPhone a couple of years ago and in set up a completely unknown email address user popped up. I did a full wipe and restore as new and it was fine.

Carl

Upvote 0
I would of agreed with you if it was just one but the fact the replacement one was doing it as well? Just can’t understand why it was happening, the iPhone and watch were both running the latest software updates?

Upvote 0
It has to be an app or an error within the backup if it was restored from one. Highly unlikely to have two Apple watches with exactly the same issue.
Either that or you’re wearing it too far down towards your hand and managing to unintentionally press both the crown and button for 10 seconds when flexing your wrist causing a hardware reset.

Upvote 0
The second watch was set up as new and not from a backup so I don’t believe that was the issue. The comment about wearing it too far toward the hand is interesting, but I fail to see how my hand could cause both the button and crown to be pushed together? But I can’t rule that out as I never even thought about that?

I had it on one of the Apple magnetic leather straps and it did seem to be a tight fit so I wouldn’t of expected it to be loose on the wrist moving towards my hand but again I never checked that for sure.

Upvote 0
The second watch was set up as new and not from a backup so I don’t believe that was the issue. The comment about wearing it too far toward the hand is interesting, but I fail to see how my hand could cause both the button and crown to be pushed together? But I can’t rule that out as I never even thought about that?

I had it on one of the Apple magnetic leather straps and it did seem to be a tight fit so I wouldn’t of expected it to be loose on the wrist moving towards my hand but again I never checked that for sure.
Was definitely only a very remote possibility. It’s far more likely a rogue app causing it to crash and reboot.

Upvote 0
Its a long shot but your first post said you are using an iPhone 6. Could something be related to the phone and not the watch. A bluetooth or syncing issue with the app causing the watch to essentially restart.
I'm only guessing as you have said that you have tried a second watch and still the same. Process if elimination must mean its either an app or the iPhone.

Are you able to wipe both and set up as new and run with little or no apps added?

My gut feeling its possibly your iPhone 6.

Upvote 0
No two watches sent back, I gave up in the end and went with a Garmin. Can’t put my finger on why it kept happening but it was very annoying having to wait approx 10-20 mins it happened to be able to use the iwatch.
Not a single issue with the Garmin in over two weeks since I’ve had it, shame but hey ho…

Upvote 0
No two watches sent back, I gave up in the end and went with a Garmin. Can’t put my finger on why it kept happening but it was very annoying having to wait approx 10-20 mins it happened to be able to use the iwatch.
Not a single issue with the Garmin in over two weeks since I’ve had it, shame but hey ho…
Which Garmin model? I ask in case I have to move onto a Non Apple Watch.

Upvote 0
Update on this, so I tried one more time with the Apple Watch, purchased new and set it up as new and only installed a certain amount of apps, absolutely no issues whatsoever after four weeks, it’s not reset itself at all and working fine?

I can only assume I must of had a rogue app when trying to set it up with new watches previously!

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom