Why does it take my soundbar 12-15 seconds longer than my TV to fully turn on?

ShadyXL

Novice Member
So, I’ve had my Samsung MS650 for quite some time. Previously I used it with my Samsung TV and it worked perfectly fine. I just bought a CX last week and the soundbar works fine when it’s on. However, there is 1 annoying issue. When I turn my TV on, the soundbar should turn on immediately. But instead, the soundbar takes 12-15 seconds to turn on (5 seconds to receive power and an additional 7-10 seconds for the sound to actually come out).

Any idea what might cause this issue? It’s connected via HDMI ARC and Simplink/HDMI-CEC is turned on.

Also, I was planning on switching to a new soundbar with a subwoofer (Q70T) in a few months, but if this is how Samsung soundbars work with LG TVs, I might just go for an LG soundbar instead (SN8YG maybe?).

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
My LG TV connected to a Yamaha soundbar does exactly the same. I think that there’s a deliberate audio delay on the TV to allow devices to power up if connected by ARC. Power up of the bar is usually within a couple of seconds, but the audio, in my case, can take up to 10 seconds to appear.

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about it. I can’t see the point of changing a soundbar to try and fix a TV [non] issue.

ShadyXL

Novice Member
My LG TV connected to a Yamaha soundbar does exactly the same. I think that there’s a deliberate audio delay on the TV to allow devices to power up if connected by ARC. Power up of the bar is usually within a couple of seconds, but the audio, in my case, can take up to 10 seconds to appear.

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about it. I can’t see the point of changing a soundbar to try and fix a TV [non] issue.
I'm getting a new soundbar regardless. I was originally planning on getting a subwoofer for my current soundbar, but the only subwoofer that works with mine is about €450 here. I'd rather get a whole new soundbar with its own subwoofer for a bit more.

I'm not too worried about the delay, but I'm curious if there's a way to fix it or if an LG soundbar won't have a delay. If not, then I can live with that. It's just that my previous TV (not only older, but also lower range/budget) was also using ARC and didn't have a delay at all.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom