Question Why does every slipcase from amazon uk have a slash on the spine?

Strider2027

Established Member
Reaction score
If I receive a blu-ray from Amazon uk that has a slip case the odds are very high it will have a slash on the spine.

Does this happen to anyone else? I have complained to them a few times but it still keeps happening.

If it is like the X Files boxsets last year, caused by people using box cutters when opening the boxes up.

I have never seen this and order lots from Amazon. Erm, how are you opening the package?

It is caused by amazon slicing too deep with box cutters not the person opening the package. Rather than places like zavvi who shipped the x files in its original box, Amazon opened the box and put them in their boxes. They could have just left it in the manufacturer box.

slash.jpg

You see this all the time in the steelbook thread, the copies on the very top of the box are at risk of getting a lovely spine slash if the employee opening the package uses a knife, copies underneath would obviously be protected.

Thanks for clearing this up, I've often wondered what the cause was. Is there a campaign we can join to stop this sort of practice, I've had a few box sets/slips with slices all across the spine and apart from looking ugly and damaged on the shelf it also really degrades the value when trying to sell them on.

Pretty sure there was a massive issue with the Harry Potter steelbooks a few years back where everyone got a slash.

Blame Amazon's work practise here in making them move as fast as possible. If they took a little extra time it wouldn't happen

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom