WHY does 1 Remote controls BOTH players ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by baseline, Apr 27, 2007.

1. baseline

baseline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 2 Panasonic components.

1 is a dvd player, the other, a dvd recorder / HD unit.

however, either of the remotes, control both items. both items work on exactly the same signals.

this is a huge problem, as pressing play on the dvd player remote, also activates the dvd recorder !

does anyone know if it is possible to re-code a player+remote so they dont clash ?

I need the dvd player for divx, and besides, why can we not have more than 1 dvd player installed at the same time ?

2. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +322
    Thats crazy! I have two Pioneer players and I don't have the same problem.

Sometimes equipment has two remote settings...so you may be able to change one of them to use different codes. Might be worth you checking the instructions.

3. baseline

baseline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, yes it is madness.

the same thing happens with Sony also, one remote controls ALL their dvd players.

I could not see any information in the manual and I also searched their website, and no info.

I am hoping there IS a way to change it......

4. NinjaMonkeyUK

NinjaMonkeyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    You didn't look very far in the manual then. :p

On the DVD recorder, go into the Functions menu, then in the Setup menu there is an option in there to change. You can change from "DVD Remote 1" to "DVD Remote 2" and also switch the actual remote by typing in a code.

I can't give you any more information than this without knowing which model of DVD recorder you have. If you post the model number, I'll be able to give you full instructions as to how to do it...

5. baseline

baseline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks , fantastic info !

I looked for such an option in my dvd player manual ( Panny S49 ) and there wasnt any, and a 'quick' look at the dvd recorder itself, and I didnt see such an option.

but it is indeed there. u can choose 1 of 3 codes.

top advice. many thanks !

6. NinjaMonkeyUK

NinjaMonkeyUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    The Panasonic DVD players don't usually have the option to change remote frequencies but the recorders certainly do. I guess the thinking behind that is that like in the old days some people had 2 VCRs to record 2 programmes at once, people will want to do the same with DVD recorders.

Panasonic's VCRs have had this feature for years...