1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do the old posts dissapear so fast in this forum?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by TonyA, Aug 18, 2005.

1. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    In the other forum topics, its possible to go back a few days to see recent posts via a link at the bottom right of the page.

This forum doesn't have that link, therefore it only possible to view 1 page of postings, without having to resort to a "Search".

This issue was affecting "Television programmes and DVDs", but has recently been fixed.

Is there a problem with this forum, or has this been configured like this deliberately?

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    Look at "Display Options" at the bottom of every forum page. This lets you set how far back you want to see.

You can change your default for all forums from the "Edit Options" page in "My Settings"

3. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Many thanks for the info GaryB - looks like the "default" for this particular forum must be approx. 1 week.

I've set mine to a month, and can now trawl along nicely without having to resort to searches.

Thanks again for your help.

T. :thumbsup: