Why Do People Rave About Richer Sounds?

Purchased many a product from RS over the years , including my current LG E9 OLED . Nothing better for myself for AV products in a local bricks n morter store where they are more than happy to set the gear up for one to try out .

One time that they had the products in store that I had had a play with and purchased . Well they orderd up a taxi to bring them home the same time as I left the town . Five minutes after arriving home my products purchased were with me .

The VIP 6 year warranty is also great as I have used it three times in display faults without any issues . Screen replacement and change of display X two .

An AV system is much like purchasing a sofa or bed . One needs to feel it , touch it , have a play and most importantlyexperience it before one pulls the trigger .

One needs to feel it , touch it , have a play and most importantlyexperience it before one pulls the trigger .
A bit like marriage then! ;)

Never had a problem with them. Great prices - great service.

Used Newcastle and Middlesbrough stores a few times. I bought my OPPO 203 from the Middlesbrough branch and they were excellent. It was chucking down and they spent ages wrapping up the card box to make it as watertight as possible (I'd parked at MIMA). Great staff, likewise the Newcastle store.

And they’ve come through for me with a faulty Q7F , Samsung offer was derisory to say the least , RS customer service has significantly increased the offer which I am very grateful for 👍

When Julian Rich retired he distributed the shares amongst the staff.
Leadership by example.

I remember Richer Sounds when they only had a couple of stores in the early 80s. London Bridge and another one if I remember correctly. I used to buy Time Out magazine religiously in the early to mid 80s and they were always advertising in that. Pre AV of course so it was all amps, turntables, tape decks & speakers. Anyone remember the fad of Sorbothane isolation disks? They were the best place to buy hifi back in the day and still are I guess but I haven't purchased anything off them for a few years now.

I remember Richer Sounds when they only had a couple of stores in the early 80s. London Bridge and another one if I remember correctly. I used to buy Time Out magazine religiously in the early to mid 80s and they were always advertising in that. Pre AV of course so it was all amps, turntables, tape decks & speakers. Anyone remember the fad of Sorbothane isolation disks? They were the best place to buy hifi back in the day and still are I guess but I haven't purchased anything off them for a few years now.

I bought my first surround amp (Sony and still got it) from London bridge back in the 90's on a girlfriends dads credit card and using a just started up local courier company all by phone and without any issues what-so-ever.

I like them as well. Was always a good place to demo, no request was too much effort. It was a shame that my 3D OLED was not available through them as otherwise I'd have bought that from them as well. No hesitation whatsoever to use them for my next upgrades...

And to round my story off , I checked last night and the price has dropped by £300 , messaged about there price match and they have already refunded it , can’t argue with that , special mention to Danny/Daniel for all the help @Richer Sounds 👍👍👍

And to round my story off , I checked last night and the price has dropped by £300 , messaged about there price match and they have already refunded it , can’t argue with that , special mention to Danny/Daniel for all the help @Richer Sounds 👍👍👍
This is why I get the majority of my AV gear from them. Never ever had any issues with customer service etc 👍🏼

Have never had a problem with RS across multiple locations. Always been helpful .

Often if the item isn't in stock they've offered the model above for the same price if they have it . Ironically sometimes I've had to decline that as the spec was too high or the model too large for what I needed.

I still get a little itch to go in every time I'm near one.

Junky!
Fortunately the closest branch for me is about half an hour away.

Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why Why OH Why do I read these bloody threads here and then feel the need for a pointless journey to visit my local RS and have even worked out with Military planning how I can convince the OH that she would probably like to visit M&S & Next today.

I hate you all :D:rotfl:

I've been looking for the last bloody nearly hour what the best TV is and whether to go for 65 or 70 upwards :facepalm:

I've been looking for the last bloody nearly hour what the best TV is and whether to go for 65 or 70 upwards :facepalm:

Stop messing around and start at 70 upwards. I mean what is the point of a going under 70 :D

I'm not going to look for a new Atmos amp at all or even pop into the 3 good bike shops the town has either :rotfl:

When Julian Rich retired he distributed the shares amongst the staff.
Leadership by example.
He did indeed. I used to work for RS (in 3 locations) but left years ago. However looking at the RS Website there are still some familiar faces, some staff have worked there over 20 years. I know when I worked there what a dedicated bunch they were, and having bought a TV from them 2 years ago nothing had changed! What has changed is the market, and RS has changed with it (to a degree), they have updated their stores, and how they work as a business. They do deals with multiple manufacturers and pass those deals onto us the general public.

I won't go into the ins and outs of working for them but suffice to say Julian (JR) is a man dedicate to his staff, his company and most importantly his customers!

Stop messing around and start at 70 upwards. I mean what is the point of a going under 70 :D

I'm not going to look for a new Atmos amp at all or even pop into the 3 good bike shops the town has either :rotfl:
I’ve been looking at 75” models, but can’t find stock 🥲😬

I've got my eyes on the Denon AVR-X2700H now 🤣

LOL I’m trying to justify an upgrade from my 4300H, but even I find it hard to justify. There is nothing wrong with my LG OLED but at least an extra 20” is justified to my wife 🤪

I remember Richer Sounds when they only had a couple of stores in the early 80s. London Bridge and another one if I remember correctly.

This sounds like a BS story but here we go -
In the early 80s they were selling a device called an Enhancer for around £80 and I needed this for my recording studio (way cheaper than the big boy makes and had a great review).
I made my way down to London from Stoke and bought the item along with 5x reel to reel tapes.
A bloke approached me and said he was the owner (Julian?) and asked how my experience had been and I tore into him.
I said the previous day I had rang from Stoke on Trent but the Manager said they can't post it, I offered £10, £20 and then £25 but he said no matter how much I offered they couldn't post it.
Julian (!) became angry and called the Manager over, he apologised and I walked out of the shop with all the items for free.

This says it all to me. It inspires me in business and want to bring that to ours.

86806C86-73E9-413D-BC4C-94C584D68ED0.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom