• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Why do people like to bash the poor.?

BISHI

Distinguished Member
As these forums are a paragon of reason and fairness, I only thought it fair.!

IronGiant

Good plan Bishi, we can discuss why people like to bash rich people in this one :D.

kav

Distinguished Member
OP needs more facts and figures so there's a basis for discussion, like the bash the rich thread.

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
harry.jpg

BISHI

Distinguished Member
OP needs more facts and figures so there's a basis for discussion, like the bash the rich thread.
Gonna leave that for others to do . I am merely an impartial observer as of now .!

Sonic67

Banned
Like this?

DrapedInDarkness

Distinguished Member
I don't know why you all keep picking on me either :(

:laugh:

Because it is the easier option.

With relative poverty, people compare themselves to others to determine their place in the social strata. It is easier to criticise those with less for not having as much and being lazy or a scrounger than it is criticising yourself for not having as much as those richer than you. One takes no effort and targets people who cannot fight back. The other forces self reflection, possible greater effort to rectify, and the target is lawyered up and controls the media.

I've said it before. Instead of worrying why the poor/unemployed/benefit scum etc have so much compared to us, we should focus on why we have less than the super rich. Let's look to bring everyone up instead of keeping the few down.

BISHI

Distinguished Member
I've said it before. Instead of worrying why the poor/unemployed/benefit scum etc have so much compared to us, we should focus on why we have less than the super rich.

Really ...!

Solar

Prominent Member
Instead of worrying why the poor/unemployed/benefit scum etc have so much compared to us, we should focus on why we have less than the super rich.
Exactly.
Take the queen for example, she is given £37 million a year in benefits to pay for the running of her palace, paid for by our taxes.
And the whole sodding country loves her for it!
Sheeple need to wake up.

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
Exactly.
Take the queen for example, she is given £37 million a year in benefits to pay for the running of her palace, paid for by our taxes.
And the whole sodding country loves her for it!
Sheeple need to wake up.

I think you'll find that the income from that Royal estates that was signed over (by Queen Anne possibly) in return from an income from the Civil List actually outweighs the amount that goes out

So in real terms the nation are better off on the deal. Or we at least were when I did Govt And Politics at school 30 years ago

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
I think you'll find that the income from that Royal estates that was signed over (by Queen Anne possibly) in return from an income from the Civil List actually outweighs the amount that goes out

So in real terms the nation are better off on the deal. Or we at least were when I did Govt And Politics at school 30 years ago

Wrong Monarch but seems I am correct

The Royal family is a bargain for Britain - Telegraph

Egg White

Distinguished Member
I don't bash the poor, but I tend to prod them with a long stick from time to time

Exemplar

Banned
I don't bash the poor, but I tend to prod them with a long stick from time to time

I get my manservant to do it for me as I sit on my steed, occasionally throwing Quail or Dodo eggs at them.

Solar

Prominent Member
So in real terms the nation are better off on the deal.
The government is better off you mean.
The government grabbed a nice estate, and is taking money off us to pay for her to live in it. ;)

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
The government is better off you mean.
The government grabbed a nice estate, and is taking money off us to pay for her to live in it. ;)

I'm sorry, I didn't realise the Government was a separate entity from the rest of the nation.

Damn them to hell

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
in dont think people bash the poor all the time they have a job, work hard, accept their lot , now their place and never strike . I do, mind you , detect a certain disdain towards them based on the prejudice that they work hard enough to get out of the circumstances or are too stupid .The well to do wont ,as a general rule, accept them into their social circles .
Having said that I believe on the whole we are tolerant nation and that in some other countries the pro would be treated far worse by arrogant, disrespectful individuals. A certain Leona Helmsley comes to mind who described her lowly employees as "little people" who, unlike her , paid taxes

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom