Why do people believe in conspiracy theories?

• Thread starter Deleted member 686356
  • Start date
A6AE80F4-67FB-4EB0-AA3D-B3580AD93269.jpeg
Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.
Yes I’m thinking that or I’ll probably check out early and get home so might come back Saturday. One thing I do enjoy is photography, nothing major just amateur shots. I’d be one of those who’d have a collection of just the most random of things!

Here’s one I just took of a supermarket, I know it’s weird but I do like how they might all seem the same but they are slightly different. It’s a whole different feel at night time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy! 😁

I don’t believe that two people could look so similar especially at a more advanced age. I’ve been convinced that it’s the real Joe Biden meeting with Boris Johnson but I guess these things don’t start for no reason?

Enjoy! 😁

Following that link and looking at the site's "About Us", there's a statement that the site employs parody, humor (sic) and satire. Then they go on to add that they've been advised to include that statement to 'protect themselves'.

Oh, I see, they have to pretend it's a spoof site so that they can get the 'truth' out untroubled... or is that part of the joke too?

It's come to something when you can't tell whether someone's winding you up or really does believe what they're spouting.

I know that Poe's Law is nothing new, but time was you could usually pick up a hint of which was which.

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.
I like the times of nautical and civil twilight this morning (not exact but starts getting light to light) 5:45 - 7:00am, nice level numbers.

Think it might be a morning stroll in the park as morning breaks and gets light. Regarding the start of Autumn as a whole; tomorrow is also a significant day where I am as even though obviously the equinox and the sun on the equator was yesterday or so, the closest to equal day/night 12 hours here is Saturday.

As September is made up of over 2 thirds summer astronomically irrespective of 0 meteorologically, any day between 21 or 22 and 30 is the best day for a late afternoon walk.

So the government in x or xx years time want householders to not be able to get Gas boilers anymore and to change home heating over to all electric.
And now the price of Gas is ramping up with warnings ahead.....

Hmmmmmm

1f902478e9c485fc5373939c4e0cf3e7.png
Before I would have said this was a bit paranoid but now the fuel saga x amount of years before they want us all to have electric cars 🤔

i didn't read the entire discussion. This question is not open minded. I don't think that anyone is free of conspiracy theories. We all have something we believe in and have a need to justify our position. We want to discuss our opinions with others. Conspiracy is the result of normal social interaction.

i didn't read the entire discussion. This question is not open minded. I don't think that anyone is free of conspiracy theories. We all have something we believe in and have a need to justify our position. We want to discuss our opinions with others. Conspiracy is the result of normal social interaction.
Conspiracy Theory has a particular definition though as discussed earlier in the thread. It's not about discussing beliefs.

Oh dear... Someone looking to stir the pot.

Agreed, well said.

I was just thinking about conspiracy theories today then bam this thread comes back from the dead. Coincidence?

I was just thinking about conspiracy theories today then bam this thread comes back from the dead. Coincidence?
If you have an alexaechogooglehomesiri then it definitely just read you thoughts and activated poster #225467 via their secret brain implant and hey presto!

P.S. You will think about cheese in the next 30 minutes (and not the foil wrapped Illuminati safe variety)

It's a trap.

/cue a seductive montage of sound and pictures with a soft but pursuasive voice over designed to make you believe you're the one in the know.

The conspiracy theories I struggle to understand anyone believing in are the really obviously ludicrous ones like Paul Is Dead and Flat Earthers.

Is it people just wanting to feel clever/special or are they on a wind-up?

They've been watching you for a while.

I know this because they told me they were going to be watching you after they stopped watching me.

It's posting in the Trump thread without a VPN.

Make of it what you will but I am genuinely interested in what makes people believe in certain conspiracy theories, especially those which don't make any rational sense to me. I have an interest in psychology and I'm fascinated by the way people's minds work.

Keeping an open mind is one thing but some conspiracy theories, such as Covid denial, are so obviously ridiculous that I can't help but wonder what is going on in someone's head to make them believe such things.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom