1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Do I Have To Buy This From Germany

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by drewsaq, Nov 16, 2001.

1. drewsaq

drewsaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why on earth is it so hard to buy a Denon tuner in gold in this country.In fact it is impossible Denon sell amps like the mighty AV10SE and AV1 and all there current DVD players in gold but when it come to there tuners, which they do make in gold, you have to bye it from Germany!! Good one Denon. NOT!!!!!

2. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
  3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    If you can get them in gold in Germany then you will be able to get them in gold in the UK, talk to a good dealer who will ring Denon and order you one. If they can't even be ordered then ring Hayden Labs who distribute Denon in the UK and they will help you out. Tel: 01753 888447

4. drewsaq

drewsaq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well what do you know. Had a look at that web site and found what I have been looking for stright away Nice one Mark. I have made my order and I will let you Know how I get on THANKS

5. fabryuk

fabryuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how much is the P&P? went to their website, been waiting for 3802 for a month now. Is there any tax if it is within EU??

Also, don't think you can buy online, then how do you pay for it then??

6. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Fabryuk,

There is no import duty or tax to pay, as we are all in Europe.
    If you pay the tax in the European country of purchase, no more tax to pay :D

You have to look at the country you are buying from to see what their tax rate is, and use it to your advantage.

That is why people import VW and Audi cars from Denmark, because the tax there is very high, so you buy it tax free in Denmark, then pay the VAT here on import. Saves you about 20 to 25% on a Golf GTI etc. I helped my brother import a Golf, he saved about £4000 on the UK price.

Delivery from Germany for an AV amp was about £15 for me.

I had to pay by bank transfer, hificomponents.de said this is to avoid credit card fraud etc, many European online dealers want a bank transfer, never feels safe somehow, and your bank will charge you for it.

I bought a £1299 UK price AV amp for about £753 :D

Good luck,

Mark G.

7. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two threads on this subject?:D

Just FYI, you can buy online from this company. When you say you want to purchase, they send you an order number. You then have to transfer the funds to their bank quoting the order number. When that's done they will dispatch the goods. It's easy to do it electronically if you have a German bank account, but not from the UK. The sortcode and account numbers in Germany are different sizes from the UK and most online banking packages can't cope.

Many German retailers don't accept credit cards. It's nothing to do with fraud, as a society they just don't like owing money. Very few shops even in the High Street (except maybe in tourist areas) accept credit cards either. Try going into a supermarket and buying your weekly shop with a credit card and you'll quickly realise they are pretty useless. I have a German Mastercard and I've only ever used it outside the country.

Even if they do accept credit cards, cards here are not what we would call credit cards. They are more like debit cards, in that you have to pay the full amount off each month.:confused:

8. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    TT (telegrahic transfer) is no problem, bank name, account holder's name and account number is enough to ensure the money get's where it's supposed to be, no need for SWIFT or Sort-Codes.
    However to be sure you can advise the bank code (BLZ - Bank Leit Zahl, always 8 digit if I am not mistaken) if it's known to you.

I totally agree on the credit cards, it sucks that they are not widely accepted (major hotels etc. excluded), most common cashless payment is done by EC card which is fine if you have an account within Europe, as a visitor you may find paying your bills can be a problem.

9. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,882
    Take a look at that German site. It looks like you can pay on delivery.

Kev

10. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cash on Delivery to the UK? I doubt it somehow....

11. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,882
    Kao ,

I didn,t say you could pay by 'cash' on delivery. Take a look at the site under 'faq' . I,m only relaying what i read ok !!!!!!!

12. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm still waiting for Denon to release (or even announce) a DAB tuner.

13. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mozzer, my apologies! It does indeed say you can pay by Cash on Delivery!

How can I pay cash on delivery?
    Paying cash on delivery is the easiest and fastest method for the customer to settle the transaction. After you have ordered you will receive a confirmation of your order. It will contain the price including delivery costs. The aimed week of delivery is also contained. When the delivery arrives you must have the cash amount at hand or pay with an equivalent amount of eurocheques. In case you are not at home at the time you are notified in writing. You can then have the device delivered again or pick it up at the post office.

:blush:

14. Simon Cooper

Simon Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mediacheckpoint.de have online shopping AND accept credit cards. They also do a range of Denon tuners including some classy gold ones. I bought a Yamaha sub from them because it wasn't available in the UK in a cherry finish. Delivery was DM30 (around £10 - not bad for a 25kg sub) and even with the delivery charge included I still saved £150 on the UK retail price (or about £50 on the street price). I had to fax them a photocopy of both sides of my credit card (strange but true) and the sub arrived around 4 days later.

15. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Note that 'cash on deliver' ("Nachnahme" in German) is subjected to a fee to be collected by the postal service provider - not sure though if it will actually work outside of Germany ...