why do i get this message everytime i try to logout

Giraffe76

Hi all,

Everytime i log out i get a message saying someone else is using this laptop but do i still want to shut down?

Its strange because there is only one person ever logged in can someone explain whats going on please

kind regards Mark

next010

Distinguished Member
Are you sharing a file/folder over local network to another PC ?

That is one of the causes for that message.

Giraffe76

I only have the one laptop, i dont have a local network and it doesnt share any a files or folders.
Im using OS windows 10

techquest

Can you type winver into the search box and select run as administrator and let us know what version of windows your on. As you can see in the screenshot below, it's Version 2004 (OS Build 19033.1)

1574985222718.png

techquest

Okay Mark thanks. Will take a look and see if there were issues within that version that relate to your problem.

techquest

Can you update W10 to the 1903 release, which is May 2019 version. Yours is November 2018. This might resolve the issue for you, but no guarantees. If you have problems getting this through the windows update service, let us know.

techquest

Okay having done some research I might be on to the cause, but no promises.

It seems MS introduced the facility, from the 1709 build, for apps that were started in a user session to auto restart when you reboot from the normal shutdown/reboot method. So let's see if this is the culprit as it is known to cause your issue.

What happens when you do an Alt F4 shutdown from a right click anywhere on an empty space on the desktop, which will bring up a window with a shutdown all apps box, you click on OK.

Do you still get the same issue?

Giraffe76

Hi,
i downloaded and installed the latest version which was the 1909 release and it seems to have fixed the problem.Thank you so much for all your help and advice with this issue.

Kind regards Mark

Top Bottom