• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Why do I bother with ebay???

So after one year of not using ebay I thought I would try to buy some games to add to the collection.

I looked at End War, Soul Calibur and Fable II amongst others.

End War and Soul Calibur are £17.99 brand new so I would expect to pick up a new copy on ebay for £15 max (including delivery). Can I achieve this? Can I :censored:!!!!!!!

The mugs on ebay are still bidding over £20 for these games.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

All my other games also went over the new prices available online or in store.

It seems people bid on ebay using the RRP of £49.99 as their reference point. Dont these idiots know they shouldnt pay more than £15 for games in most cases.

monkeys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
if they are willing to pay those prices keep feedin em

its their own fault

Trent.

Established Member
Agreed:eek:
More often than not things go for way over price. Once you add in postage it just gets worse!

Fools and their money:D

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Spare a thought for the seller. They are gonna need the extra cash to cover the fees

:devil:

michaelb007

Established Member
Sometimes handier for people with paypal and such. But i would never pay more for an item from ebay, unless i was desperate.

Codehead

Distinguished Member
I've sold a few games on eBay, got reasonable prices. I normally use CeX as a guide to preowned prices.

As for buying, you can find hard to get stuff there like Ridge Racer 6, Gun, etc. You won't always find rare stuff in the classifieds here or in the second hand bin at Game.

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
I find Playtrade on Play.com a much better source for used games nowadays!!

mudstuff

Prominent Member
I find Playtrade on Play.com a much better source for used games nowadays!!
I would also recommend play trade though I've only used them for new sealed games. I got GTA IV off there for £23 and gears for £17 (NTSC-J) when they were both still full price. I've also got a few games direct from play for cheap such as NHL 2K8 for £5

JethroUK

Established Member
..End War and Soul Calibur are £17.99 brand new ...mugs on ebay are still bidding over £20 for these games....

nothing new about that

as long as i can remember 2nd hand games have always been sold on Ebay for more than new price

you'll never stop the 'feeding frenzy' mentality of bargain hunters once they're on the hook - hence why Zavvy administrators quadrupled all their prices before advertising 25% discount

but we dont need to be mugs - just buy new one cheaper

internetuser

Prominent Member
I've sold a few games on eBay, got reasonable prices. I normally use CeX as a guide to preowned prices.

As for buying, you can find hard to get stuff there like Ridge Racer 6, Gun, etc. You won't always find rare stuff in the classifieds here or in the second hand bin at Game.

are they rare now ?

beasty54

Distinguished Member
As someone else has stated, paypal is often a large factor in all this. I use dabs for all sorts of things simply because they take paypal and some of the stuff i buy i can probably find cheaper elsewhere.

as a seller with 2,000+ and 99.8% i can tell you if a game is more than 1 month old if i get £15-£18 for it im lucky (new only), even games that have just come out go for bugger all

excpet COD 4 & 5 as they are £25 & £30 each all day long

3 months ago a game that was one month old would still get £20 ish and new ones £30 ish

JimboJambo86

Established Member
best examples for me where the beijing and uefa euro games from last year.
i had them for about a month before the actual event started, played them to death in that time so were ready to sell when the event was underway. i sold them for more than id paid on ebay!

silvercue

Distinguished Member
you can get tons of bargains on ebay if you spend a bit of time.

Why buy new stuff on there?

2nd hand stuff you can often get for peanuts. I buy and sell loads of games on there and most of the time get far better prices that shopto, play etc.

y2k

Prominent Member
I got a couple of games from ebay last week, both games less than half the price you would pay in the shops, one mint condition and the other brand new.

Codehead

Distinguished Member
are they rare now ?

I struggled to find them here or on the classified. In fact, when I'd finished with RR6 and I took it into CeX to trade, the guy behind the counter mentioned that he didn't see it very often and 'put it to one side'.

DongaTon

Prominent Member
you can get tons of bargains on ebay if you spend a bit of time.

Why buy new stuff on there?

2nd hand stuff you can often get for peanuts. I buy and sell loads of games on there and most of the time get far better prices that shopto, play etc.

Exactly. I got Fable 2, Lost, KF Panda, Indy Lego for 30 quid total, all brand new. Thought that was ok.

I think the original poster should calm down. People can pay whatever they want for games, and not everyone can get out to shops.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom