1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do ATI jitter ?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dsp fan, Nov 17, 2004.

1. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So i built my new HCPC, 3 ghz pentium, asus motherboard, 1gig ram ATI Radeon 9600 XT Ultimate (fanless one), silent Samsung hardrive.

I was using an allienware 2.6ghz with an Nvidia 5200 ultra and i had no panning or jitter issues,

both systems were using Theatretek 2.0 , I downloaded the ati driver and catalyst bits and installed.

Question is do i need FDDShow do i need to tweak something in the RAM allocation, any PC gurus please assist ???

I guess i thought this new one would fly compared to the other one, so trying to recover a little disappointment.

thanks in advance

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    Could be , unsympathetic refresh rate for material/display.
    Sync issues between gpu and sound card/device ...try reclock.

TT 2.0 gave me nothing but grief anyway.

3. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Next question,

Could be , unsympathetic refresh rate for material/display.
    How do i fix this ??

Sync issues between gpu and sound card/device ...try reclock
    The sound is provided by the asus motherboard uing SOundMAX, currently dont have speakers connected but it works. Question how do i reclock ?

If these are simple questions my appologies but i am a little stumped.

thanks for reading and responding

4. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    keeping the thread alive,

I INSTALLED AN NVIDIA 5600 ultra and the same studdering occurred. I am leaning towards something running faster than something else although i am not techie enough to figure it out.

Can anyone assit, basically sata drive, to 1 gig geil ram, asus motherboard intel 3.0 chip.

This does not occur on DVD playback :lease:

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Reclock is a software utility that messes around with the system clock .. I've never used it so all I know about it is what that site says. :)

6. dsp fan

dsp fan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kragon, thank you i think i might be getting nearer.

having connected reclock this high lighted one thing the sound was really jittery.

So my next question is the fact that the asus has built in sPDIF and i am using it, could that be the reason why everything is judering and not right compared to my other computer which has an audigy zs card doing the sound ??

I was thinking of gettting an MAudio card but thought i would try the on board sound initially.

any one with thoughts ?