Why did you join the AV Forums?

To ask about a new DVD player. I never thought I would still be looking practically every day since.

I was wanting to buy a big TV, got some sound advice and ended up with a 42" Plasma, stuck around as nice people and no kids effin and jeffin

Pete

I'd just spent £2500 on a Panasonic plasma, I went to my local Hifi shop who told me the only way to plug Sky into my plasma was composite :thumbsdow
I went home and plugged in the cable, I nearly cried when I saw the picture quality, I was thinking I had totally wasted my money on an unwatchable screen.
So did a google search for "plasma VGA" and "plasma component" and came across you guys (and girls)

I joined back in Feb 2005 after googling for info on our new surround sound system see; http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191409
I used to spend hours reading the forums becoming more involved. I have always had an interest in AV, being brought up on searching for the perfect sound from my Dad.

Don't think the forums had general chat section then ??

I actually introduced Signs to the site :D and to my suffering, introduced him to everything AV leading to his obsession with Xbox etc. :rolleyes:

I set up a new name fairy*princess ( :suicide: ) in April 2006 but obviously didn't get taken seriously so changed to MrsSigns when our broadband connection changed.

That's my story :)

Initially, for headphones info, for an MP3, lots of folk recommended Senheisser CX300's so I bought some. It was good advice. Then France started transmitting Digital terrestrial TV, which is the same system as the UK, so there is loads of useful stuff there. And of course, the Sky and non-Sky satellite forums are the bees knees when it comes to problem solving. I don't really post that much (less than 5% in non GC and CMMGW, according to Damo,:hiya:) because most of the questions I would ask have been answered already, which I suppose shows what a valuable resource the forums can be.

As for GC, well were else can I be so nicely insulted by LGS ('all ex-pats are dim-wits':clap:), & CMMGW because its something that interests me.

no idea it's been a while - bored at work one day and decided to join.

now various pc's, plasma tv's, digital camera's, hd-dvd's, speakers, broadband connections later - i' don't regret ever joining!:smashin::smashin:

I actually introduced Signs to the site :D and to my suffering, introduced him to everything AV leading to his obsession with Xbox etc. :rolleyes:

So, the truth is out :D

Julie, you can come on the next golf day and leave Rob at home to look after the baby :thumbsup:

Can't remember how i found the site,lurked for awhile,think my first post was ............ummm,can't remember..........:rolleyes:......Where am I.......:suicide:

Used to view DVD Bargains but had to join to thank people and try and input some bargains myself.

GC is a laugh and sometimes educational, there is a decent motoring section.

I like the Movies and TV part and I float aorund others when its quiet.

Liam

So, the truth is out :D

Julie, you can come on the next golf day and leave Rob at home to look after the baby :thumbsup:

Matt, now just because you have to ingratiate yourself to Mrs Signs for calling her Cheryl, doesn't mean you have to take leave of your senses! :suicide:

Unless Signs is allowed to swap over for the evening activities, then the words style, cramp and sober come to mind! :lesson: ;) :)

I joined in the great Xbox rush of November/December '05.

Since then this place has cost me a lot of money, damn you. ;):devil:

EDIT: I should probably mention I have learnt a hell of a lot too. :)

I joined as a result of having stupidly (and drunkenly) bought a bloody Tiny plasma.
Luckily I got my money back and now know a bit more about what I'm doing in the wonderful world of AV!

My boss told me to join.

Not his greatest idea with hindsight.

To build a subwoofer, then I got sucked in :)

Dave

Mine was to be told to buy a sharp 32" LCD.
Then an xbox.
Then a 360
Then loads of DVD's
Then an Amp
Then a Wii
Then speakers
Then another tv
Then some games.

Cost me a sodding fortune this place. 2000-odd posts later I'm broke and the girlfriend nags me... I'm off...

I joined to find out why almost 7 grands worth of kit didn't do "exactly what it said on the tin". The advice I got was friendly and non-patronising.

I now dip in at least once a day, mostly to General Chat and to drool over some of the fantastic home setups people have.

GB

To build a subwoofer, then I got sucked in :)

Dave

Blimey, that must have been one big subwoofer that you built :eek:, how did you get out :confused:

Matt, now just because you have to ingratiate yourself to Mrs Signs for calling her Cheryl, doesn't mean you have to take leave of your senses! :suicide:

Unless Signs is allowed to swap over for the evening activities, then the words style, cramp and sober come to mind! :lesson: ;) :)

:rotfl: :rotfl:
I'm not that bad, really...

The likes of MJ are definitely not for me anyway, ("sadly" Rob would say :D)

I joined as a result of having stupidly (and drunkenly) bought a bloody Tiny plasma.
Luckily I got my money back and now know a bit more about what I'm doing in the wonderful world of AV!

Likewise, though I must emphasis the stupid bit in my case!........and they continue to haunt me, the same sods are now running Evesham technology.............only half a mile from my house!

thought the smallest size Panny was 37":confused:

A drunken Mep?? Nah, dont believe it

I stumbled on the site by accident when looking for AV Amp reviews. Most folks on here are very helpful but others need to chill out a bit ;)

I was seeking advice on acoustic room treatment and, later, projectors and scalers that was UK-centric.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom