Why can't you turn off the PS3 where you turn it on, on the machine????

If you turn of the machine by pressing the on/off button on it it will still leave the controller on.
If you want to turn off the PS3 directly turn off the controller first and then press the on/off on the PS3,but thats a bit pointless.

ajfoggy

hold it for 5 seconds, or something like that, it they starts its shutdown after a beep.

aah, cheers!! I guess that's in the instructions but I never read those. The reason i wondered is because when I watch a film I always turn off the controller, so it seem strange you had to turn the controller back on to turn the machine off.

Thanks!!

zoidy

If you turn of the machine by pressing the on/off button on it it will still leave the controller on.
If you want to turn off the PS3 directly turn off the controller first and then press the on/off on the PS3,but thats a bit pointless.

Not on mine it doesn't. When I power off the PS3 with the built in power 'button' the controller also goes off.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Not on mine it doesn't. When I power off the PS3 with the built in power 'button' the controller also goes off.

Same on mine. In that respect the 360 and the PS3 are the same. When you turn the consoles off with the control pad the pad also turns off.

MattZani

Banned
im not sure if all the pads turn off though, or just the one that turned it off.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom