Why can't you get the 110 anymore?

C

Cmills

All

I'm looking for a Sony DCR-110, but it seems since the 120 came in to replace it, I can't seem to find it anywhere for sale, as the 110 model been discontinued?

Jessops are selling it for a fairly decent price I think. Unfortunately I dont know of anyone else selling it so theres noone for you to get jessops to price match with :)
I think its near enough the same price you could get them to price match the pc120 for.
Check pricerunner.co.uk

Cheers Eddie,

I thought I might be able to get a heavy discount on the 110 compared to the 120, but then again I always want the best and latest model, so maybe the 120 looks like it might be the one to go for,

Is there a major difference between the Sony 101 and the sony 120?

Can't make my mind up which one to go for.

I'm in exactly the same position...although I've basically chosen to go for the pc101 now...the differences are the pc101e is smaller, doesnt have all the buttons behind the screen, its touch screen, its got less pixels (Which only refers to stills anyway) and its got 10 less lines of horizontal resolution (which you wouldnt be able to notice) and it doesnt have the T* lens liek the pc120 which helps to reduce glare....so not much of a big difference there. Lets go digital are selling it for £799 now though so I'm getting one from them tomorrow hopefully. If I dont like it I've always got 30 days to tell them and maybe swap it.
But its so much cheaper and its basically got all the features of the pc120....only the pc120 has bluetooth. Which I'd rather not have anyway! I'd prefer the controls to be liek they are on the pc120 - non touch screen, but arrow buttons to navigate. Tried it out in jessops and it was easy to use.
Hopefully I'll get on with touch screen though.

Eddie

I must admit the touch screen on the 101 didn't exactly have me jumping for joy either, like you I'd prefer to select menus using button's rather than having to touch the LCD screen, but saying that, feedback from the american consumer reviews have mostly been in favour of this inovative feature, and most say they find it easier operating the cam using the screen.

Horses for courses as they say, to each their own. I think I may order the 101 from Letsgodigital, £800 sounds pretty tempting to me.

Let me know how you get on with yours i.e. how long delivery, but more important how cool the 101 ;0)

......and thanks for your post in the other thread too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom