Why cant Telewest fix the fault?????

misog

Standard Member
For many months I have had problems with all the Discovery channels and the Performance channel freezing and breaking up, normally at weekends.Despite many technician visits they cant seem to fix the problem and Telewest now seem content to give me a £6 reduction in my bill rather than fix the fault.Dont they bother to fix faults any more.

bym007

Banned
For many months I have had problems with all the Discovery channels and the Performance channel freezing and breaking up, normally at weekends.Despite many technician visits they cant seem to fix the problem and Telewest now seem content to give me a £6 reduction in my bill rather than fix the fault.Dont they bother to fix faults any more.

Hello mate!

I used to have same sort of trouble, although with ITV and more4 channel, since I used to watch them a lot at that time. In my experience these problems were occuring more often during 'peak times', as during world cup, and while big brother was on.

I am based in North London, and after a few calls and couple of visits, it occurred to them that the cable carrying signals to my home was not adequate enough to carry all the TV channels [i have supreme package], 10mb broadband and telephone as well, [everything possible]. the replaced the cable on second visit, and made sure it was connected properly at both ends, indoors and outdoors

Now, for last 4-6 months, i have never had any trouble, touch wood. internet also seems to be responsive.

hope this helps...

essjay

All the discovery channels and performance are on the same transport stream (TS 01) and therefore they will all be transmitted on the same frequency.

It could be that you have a kink or a break in your drop cable causing suck out at this particular frequency.

Not knowing where you live I cannot tell you what this particular frequency is, but any decent service tech should be able to perform a channel scan and see the drop out.

You will need a new drop cable as BYM007 suggests.

Hope this helps

bym007

Banned
All the discovery channels and performance are on the same transport stream (TS 01) and therefore they will all be transmitted on the same frequency.

It could be that you have a kink or a break in your drop cable causing suck out at this particular frequency.

Not knowing where you live I cannot tell you what this particular frequency is, but any decent service tech should be able to perform a channel scan and see the drop out.

You will need a new drop cable as BYM007 suggests.

Hope this helps

If you are a little tech savvy, you can log into your cable modem [My motorola is on http://192.168.100.1/], and it shows some fine readings there about signal strength blah blah...

this is where this telewest engineer looked up first of all, to guess whats happening ...

cheers

misog

Standard Member
The Telewest technicians are aware that the levels are poor at one frequency and give the fault to the network engineers to deal. They seem to clear the fault only for it to reoccur 2-3 weeks later.This saga has been going on since July.

misog

Standard Member
Well it appears to have been "fixed" again as Discoveries are OK now. Lets see how long it lasts this time.
It would be good service if I was contacted to confirm that the fault had been cleared but this has never happened.

misog

Standard Member
I might be speaking to soon but all the Discoveries have been OK for a while.

BUT since my last STB was changed I have been unhappy with the volume level .
Yesterday I had the STB replaced which cleared the problem with the volume levels.

BUT this replacement packed up after a few hours. When I contacted Telewests call centre I was told that there was a general fault in the area and I should wait for 48 hours for it to be fixed.

I redialled the fault line and complained again and they finally agreed that my cabinet was not in the area of the general fault and would send a technician to change the box again.

I would like to go for a T - Drive but I dont want to commit myself to the years contract as it must be time to jump to SKY.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom