1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why can't SonicStage import Mp3s properly

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by PosterBoy, Oct 28, 2005.

1. PosterBoy

PosterBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get a clicky squarking noise from some mp3s but media player plays it fine, it's not even converting it, just bringing it into the library. :mad:

2. sirlukas

sirlukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    What SS are you using and on what player?

3. PosterBoy

PosterBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SonicStage : 3.2.00.06071 and it isn't even when it transfers to the player, when I import an mp3 (anywhere between 128K to 320K) and play it on my pc some of them sound awlful, with a clacking sound quite often on the beat and stuff like that, play the same file in media player and it's fine, SS isn't converting it, it still shows as an mp3 with the same bitrate.

4. PosterBoy

PosterBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've updated to 3.3 and it's still the same :(

5. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my pc most of the imported MP3s sound louder that the Atrac files.... Also, for just a fraction of the second in the beggining the sound is low and then gets louder immediately... Sounds fishy... as if the software does it on purpose :rolleyes:

no change with SS 3.3.

6. PosterBoy

PosterBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can I use sony file manager for mp3s and sonicstage for cd rips. Is it possible to use both for the same HD5? I might download it to see if my mp3s don't get mucked up like sonicstage does to it